Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fanvil X3S with static IP not provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by James Talbott, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Talbott

I can not get a Fanvil X3S (with the most recent firmware) to provision with 3CX. I have manually added a static IP into the phone and when I go to 3CX and attempt to provision the phone it does not do it and I either get a SIP registration failed or the phone gives a DHCP IP address failure despite the fact that we have no DHCP servers on the LAN. I have not found any solution to this problem and it's very frustrating.

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @James Talbott

After you configured the static ip on the phone, is the phone discoverable from the PBX? Assuming you are using PnP method.
    Can you ping the phone from within the network and can you access the web ui after you manually configured the ip?

3. James Talbott

Funny is that it used to be discoverable by the PBX, but for some reason now the phone does not show on the configuration manager despite restarting the phone and the OS, which is Debian by the way, and it is not blacklisted. I can ping the phone and I can access the phone UI. We have two other phones that we have not tried to provision until we can find out what is going on with this phone, which has been replaced so it is not the phone. I can see in Wireshark that all the phone are trying to register with 3CX but they are all getting no response. I did get the phone working under DHCP but we don't use that for security reasons, but not with a static IP. I'm sure it is something that I am doing wrong in trying to manual provision the phone, but despite following all the 3CX instructions and those from Fanvill, I can't get it to work and I don't know why 3CX is not seeing that phone anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4. James Talbott

Just as a follow up. I did do, another factory reset to the Fanvil phone, and it did show up on the 3CX configuration manager and I see all 3 phones, with Wireshark, trying to subscribe to the 3CX server with no reply from the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.