Solved Fanvil x4 - *20* no longer auto picks (With handset off the hook) (Resolved)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris Hackett, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Hackett

Hi,

I've just updated Firmware - 2.3.1.4361

*20* will auto pickup if your handset is down but if you pick up the headset first then you have to press dial. This wasn't the case with our previous firmware (2.0 something)

Is there a way to fix this or is this just how it is now?

Cheers

Chris

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chris Hackett

Can you please specify how you dial *20*? Is it on a custom speed dial or is it manually dialled ?

3. Chris Hackett

Hi,

Sorry, I should have specified that before. It's done as a Custom Speed Dial. It used to work and then after the firmware upgrade it now no longer works if you have already picked the handset up, it just dials it and then you have to press dial on the phone.

Cheers

Chris

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have replicated the mentioned scenario and i can see that when the handset is off hook (line is open on the phone) the *20* speed dial is not auto dialled (it will auto dial after a few seconds). Please note that this behaviour is not something we control as it comes down to device behaviour which is controlled by Fanvil through the firmware. So it would be best to mention it to Fanvil support if this is an issue for you.

I believe that the current behaviour is correct as when the handset is picked up a line opens (you can hear dial tone) so when the speed dial is pressed the phone dials the numbers and waits for input (like manually dialling the number). After a few seconds the phone sends the dialled number. This logic makes sense to me, but it could be just me :)

5. phonemaster

Hi Chris,

We have the same functionality on our side and it works exactly like you wroth, but the point is that the previous 3CX supported FW version (2.0.4.3496) had the same the functionality.
    So, we are pressing the Speed Dial button and after picking up the phone handset, or just waiting for 4 seconds and the phone is dialing it by itself.

6. Chris Hackett

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I guess that is how it should work, just that our old phone system didn't auto dial a line when you picked up the handset and it appeared to work the same with the previous firmware but we've had people report this to me since we updated the Fanvil firmware.

I'll mark this as resolved.

Cheers

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.