Fanvil x4 Automatic Gain Control and Comfort Noise Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SonnyPeas, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyPeas

We have been noticing that the Auto Gain Control tends to make using the Fanvil x4 annoying. The voices can get so loud if there is just a silent moment in the phone call. Is there any place that we can edit this?

Is there any comfort noise options for users, I feel like this would make using the phones a lot more enjoyable for our customers.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From what I can see from the template, the only thing that is set is the static Gain levels of the mics, but from what I understand you are looking for noise reduction features, so that when the conversation goes silent, the background noise is not so apparent.

I haven't seen any noise reduction feature in the phones interface, the only thing I have seen that is closest to this is VAD (Voice Activation Detection), which in the template is set to 0 (off). A few tests I did show that is may be a bit more "sensitive" than what you require as it seemed to open even with little noise, but you could try it out.

If you do want it enabled through the template, you have to do so through a custom template. For custom templates, you can refer here and the usual disclaimer applies (last section in link).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.