• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fanvil x4 Automatic Gain Control and Comfort Noise Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyPeas

Free User
Reaction score
We have been noticing that the Auto Gain Control tends to make using the Fanvil x4 annoying. The voices can get so loud if there is just a silent moment in the phone call. Is there any place that we can edit this?

Is there any comfort noise options for users, I feel like this would make using the phones a lot more enjoyable for our customers.

From what I can see from the template, the only thing that is set is the static Gain levels of the mics, but from what I understand you are looking for noise reduction features, so that when the conversation goes silent, the background noise is not so apparent.

I haven't seen any noise reduction feature in the phones interface, the only thing I have seen that is closest to this is VAD (Voice Activation Detection), which in the template is set to 0 (off). A few tests I did show that is may be a bit more "sensitive" than what you require as it seemed to open even with little noise, but you could try it out.

If you do want it enabled through the template, you have to do so through a custom template. For custom templates, you can refer here and the usual disclaimer applies (last section in link).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.