Fanvil X4 Call Forwarding with 3CX WITHOUT using the desktop client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PKB, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PKB

PKB

Hi All,

We have a bunch of desktop phones that use 3CX successfully via a provisioned file. However when we use the call forwarding on the phone handset itself, calls do not forward.

Setting the forwarding via the desktop client and using the 'Away' feature works, but we have users without the desktop client.

In the X4, I followed the instructions of

Menu > Features > Call Fowarding > SIP Line > Unconditional > Tel No > Save

This enables it on the phone but dialling the extension that is on forward just rings the phone, not rings to the new forward number.

Any ideas?

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi PKB,
    Have you tried adding BLF keys to the phones to set status AWAY and AVAILABLE?

3. PKB

PKB

No, but will give it a try.

4. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I will be waiting for your response. Kindly notice that after adding new BLF keys from the management console the phone needs to be re-provisioned for the changes to take effect.

5. PKB

PKB

I set the BLF, but it went through to Voicemail by default (as the system is set up for that) rather than forwarding, do i need to add anything different other than *31 to set away?

Thanks

6. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Navigate to extensions > select extension > edit > Forwarding rules > from the dropdown list select status Away > select the destination for internal and external calls while on Away status.

See attached image for example. Now when the extension sets it's status to Away, using the BLF key configured, while on this status internal calls will be forwarded to ext 000 and external calls to his mobile.
    Once the status of the extension is changed back to available using the second BLF key configured (set status available) he will be receiving calls as usual.

Is this not what you are trying to accomplish?
    Please advise.

Attached Files:

7. PKB

PKB

Not quite - we do not want to administer where the calls are redirected to, we want the user of the phone to say, forward to him mobile, or forward to another extension.

We don'y want to be forwarding a users phone every time they are going to be away from their desk for a prolonged period they need to be able to set it themselves.

Users do not have access to the desktop client or the web interface - they only have their deskphone and that alone.

8. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The solution in my previous reply is for predefined destinations according to the status of the extension.
    Call forwarding setup using the phone is not supported.

9. PKB

PKB

Well that's not very good, its a basic function that has been present for years in phone systems, requiring software to do this task is backwards.

Whilst unhelpful, thank you for confirming that Call Forwarding by a handset is not supported and for your assistence

10. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Feel free to open a thread in the Ideas section of our forum requesting the Call forwarding feature. I believe there is already one opened requesting the feature for Yealink phones.

11. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

You could use a Call Flow Designer (CFD) application to prompt the caller for the forward destination. In fact, you could use a single BLF button that asks questions like:

To forward your calls to another phone, press 1
    To turn off forwarding press 2
    To hear your current forwarding settings press 3

If they press 1, it could prompt for the desired destination.
    If they press 2, it removes any forwarding
    If they press 3, it uses Text-to-Speech to read back to the caller the current status

Because the CFD knows the origin of the caller, it can figure out which extension to update

I wish we could light up the BLF when forwarding is turned on, but I haven't figured out how to do that.

If you need help with the CFD, get in touch with us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

By the way, I don't recommend you forward calls via the phone. Setting the presence is the preferred approach.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Thanks for your trolling comment.

14. dan_tx

This sounded familiar. Please check out this thread and my posts in it. The issue is with some yealink models and Fanvil x4/5. It appears that when they have feature key sync enabled they are not sending the proper response to the pbx letting it know a forward was set on the handset, for whatever reason. There could be some downside for disabling feature key sync For the extension , but I would guess it’s worth it so your user can forward from the phone without a pc.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/dial-code-to-set-custom-forwarding-rule.47134/

The relevant post is

“Goto "Line" -> "SIP" -> and Uncheck "Enable Feature Sync" Then call forwarding will work when enabled from the phone directly. If it is enabled, unconditional call forwarding will not work from the phone.”

15. Shawn

this is nuts. a simple call forward feature is not supported on fanvil x4's?

i had someone ask how to forward their phone to another extension and i told them it's simple and should be in the menu somewhere. i went to try it out and configured menu>feature>call forward>line#>unconditional>enabled to extension number, saved it an it did not work. so i search and run into this thread.

absolutely crazy that a simple call forward does not work using a 3cx supported phone. i guess my options for now are going to be either use the windows client forward on away feature or use the enable feature sync either through the web portal or template.

should it be this difficult to forward a phone to another extension? i think not and i also don't think i need to add a thread to the ideas section, as this is a basic feature of a pbx that should just come working out of the box.

shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.