Fanvil X4 Register Fail after server reboot

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sjp_crs, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjp_crs

I have an annoying problem with a number of Fanvil X4 phones.

If the PBX server is rebooted, a number of the phones display "SIP Register Failed" and never come back online. Looking at the Phones tab in 3CX, they all show as "NEW", with the correct IPs and MACs listed.

Rebooting the phones manually makes them all re-register without issue, and life goes on.

We're using the supplied 3CX template and latest firmware. Is this a bug, or do we need to tweak the template to make the phones retry registration a couple more times or something ?

Other than this, the system and phones have been rock-solid.

Steve

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @sjp_crs

Please note that currently there is an issue with Fanvil phones causing the behaviour you are experiencing.
    We have reported this to fanvil and they have already fixed it. It will be available in a upcoming update

sjp_crs likes this.
  3. sjp_crs

Awesome !

Thanks for the quick response !

4. insight3

Hi,
    Is there an update on this release as it is causing me huge problems with 60 Fanvil phones over to sites, its not making 3CX look to good to the customer?

5. Nawas PK

We are too waiting for the new firmware. We are in hell trouble connected 300 FANVIL X4 in our four customer sites.
    Please provide the updated working firmware ASAP.

Thank you,
    Nawas PK

6. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I have the same problem with about 100 Fanvils.
    Since we have network interrupt every night for some maintenance reason, I am sitting here rebooting phones every morning at 6.00 am.
    Please hurry. Would it be possible to provide the firmware for download, so I could update it manually? or are there issues with the new firmware?
    Also I am annoyed about following:
    I cannot reboot unregistered phones. The button is grey. But why? 3CX has the MAC and it knows the corresponding phone password. Why cant I simply reboot phones or access the phone ui directly without providing the password manually?
    Would You kindly allow to reboot unregistered phones...

Edit: Have now installed 2.0.3.3049 manually

#6 narkumas, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  7. jem1

2.0.3.3334 was released for both the X3S and X4G via the 3CX management console, the phone system may have already downloaded it, do a check to see if it shows up when you press firmware when selecting the X4's. All the notes say is: Fanvil X4 FW: uaCSTA support added.

Also X5G was updated to 1.4.0.2040

8. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I am having issues with 2.0.3.3334. The phone is constantly waking up and saying "upgrade finished". This happened on prior 2.0.3xxx versions.

For users who would like to stay on the stable < 2.0.3.3000 version for now, I have a fix for the registration failure after reboot.
    Go to the phone templates directory.

Linux: /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Templates/phones

Windows: c:\appdata\3cxpbx\instance1\data\http\templates\phones

Edit Fanvil.ph.xml

Search for the string Enable_Reg

After this line add the line as follows

<Enable_ChgPort>0</Enable_ChgPort>

In the Linux version you will see there is a carriage return character denoted by ^M. To get this onto the end of the line you will need to copy and paste from another line.

Restart the 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console

Reprovision the handsets. They should now re-register when the phone system has been rebooted.

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

great ... we updated today because of the handsets going offline.... argh!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. jem1

Yeah our X4G and X3S are doing the update finished thing, I hear that might be fixed in 15.5 RC, but both of those phones are in production use at the moment so I don't want to rip them off and try against our 15.5 test environment.

11. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Both issues are fixed in 15.5 release candidate. Firmware in phones fixes registration issue and new template fixes update finished issue.

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Using the new template... Crossing fingers. I did have to add Multicast Listener... Hope they add this to the Extension Setup or something soon.
    Have found that the Template is missing Location 4 for GMT-7 - which is MST - no Daylight Savings (most of Arizona)

They have
    Location 1 = Canada
    Location 2 = Mexico
    Location 3 = US Mountain

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Superdocious

Do you have a fix for those using 3cx cloud? I'm using Google Cloud and my Fanvil X4 periodically shows upgrade finished.

14. datamerge

datamerge New Member

The upgrade finished issue is fixed in 15.5 by 3CX #Superdocious. If you are on Google Cloud on 15.5 and your phones are on version 2.0.3334, then you should not be having this problem. If you are using an older version of 3CX, you just need to use an older firmware on your handset < 2.3.x (which would most likely be a supported version) to fix the upgrade finished issue.

The fix above is for those who run the older firmware (2.2.x) and don't want the problem of the X4 not registering after the PBX has rebooted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.