Fanvil X4 Reprovisioning STUN not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Elliot Cater, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliot Cater

Hi

I seem to have a problem when reprovisioning my remote Fanvil X4 handsets using STUN. I am making changes to the BLF's in 3CX, saving and hitting reprovision and all that appears to happen is the handset reboots!

I have to do a factory reset on the handset in order to get it to make any changes I've saved in 3cx. I tried downloading the provisioning file manually and it shows the changes made in 3cx so it must be a problem with the handset.

I have noticed on the web console for the handset, once the URL in the STUN section has been set and the phone has been provisioned, you can't then change anything in the Auto Provision tab. If you do it issues a "Please input server address." and refuses to apply...

Anyone else notice this funkiness? Appears to only be STUN and not when Local...

Cheers

Elliot

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Elliot Cater

Hi

I'm using the RPS service and the 3CX modified firmware as per the 3CX Fanvil Guide.

I have port forwarding/NAT set up on the local firewall and the initial provisioning works but if there is a change at the server side, like the DSS/BLF allocations, they are not changed after using the Reprovision button in 3CX. The remote handset reboots if the Reprovision button is used but the phone does not download the new cfg file from 3CX server.

Manually browsing to the URL for the CFG file does download a file showing the amends so 3CX is doing it's job - it just appears the handsets do not attempt to save or write the new config to memory.

The handsets (we have multiple handsets at the remote location) have no problem making and receiving calls, even without the PBX delivering audio.

Would the RTP ports affect the provisioning problem?

Kind Regards

Elliot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.