Fanvil X4G - DND Button

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alchemy, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alchemy

Hi All,
    Has anyone else seen this issue with the Fanvil "DND" softkey? It doesn't appear to work when connected to a 3CX v15 system? This is using an X4G handset.

We're trialling the use of these handsets, but several users have already pointed out that this function doesn't work, yet the rest of the handset seems to work wonderfully.

If I can get the functions to work 100% then I can start deploying Fanvil handsets internally and to our customers, which would be great.

Thanks all,

Dan

2. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Hm, I guess the DND Key does not send a DND command to the 3CX. It is the same with every phone in my environment.
    It is the same with call forwarding commands which will not be sent to 3cx...
    DND must be set by dialcode *60/*61 or via 3cx client

3. mtech1

I raised this support ticket with 3CX Support this week.
    They confirm that DND and Call forward does not work. The only supported method for any handset is via the client or webclient.

THAT SAID..... I have Tested this on a Snom 710 and call forward and DND do work ;-)

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

On all our supported devices, starting from V15, when pressing the DND button on the phone while provisioned using the default template should toggle the Profile Status of the extension between Available/Do Not Disturb. This should work and as far as know there is no issue with that. If I am looking at the correct ticket you opened, your question was about unconditional forwarding, not DND. In V15.5, furthermore 2-way communication works as well, you can control the DND status of the device by switching the Extension Profile in the MC, Web Client, etc.

On the unconditional forwarding topic, you are correct, that is disabled in our templates so that the forwarding is done at the PBX level via the forwarding rules.

mtech1 likes this.
  5. mtech1

Hi Nick,

You are correct. The ticket was regarding forwarding, but on a similar theme. Users like their buttons!
    If you can do DND why cant you do forward on all supported phones? It would be really useful. Is there a technical reason?

Cheers

S:)

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

"Unconditional Forwarding" uses what is called 302 diversion. The main reasons this has been disabled on supported phones is because it caused reports to be populated incorrectly. One more reason is that this takes away "power" from the system admin as they can't override this from the Management Console. There used be a lot of cases where we would get completes that "certain users phones aren't ringing" and it turned out that it was either DND having been turned on phone-side or that they had enabled forwarding without letting anyone know.

Anyhow, while indeed forwarding has been disabled in the templates in most cases and wherever possible, users can be shown how to set DND, and then using either the WebClient chagne the DND behavior to forward calls to an external number or another extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.