• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

fanvil x4g doesn't receives busy tone during transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wassy83

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I'm receiving the following annoyng problem, that I think is related to the phone configuration or fw, but maybe someone have already experienced this and can gives me some suggestions:

Fanvil is x4g updated to the last 2.4.0.5486 fw and call waiting features are disabled everywhere:
1 - external call is ringing
2 - ext1 pickup the call
3 - ext1 press transfer–>ext2 number–>dial
4 - ext2 is busy
5 - ext1 will not receive any busy tone as expected, just “call failed” in the display, this is anooying and make confusion trough our employers.

instead if:
1 - ext1 calls ext2
2 - ext2 is busy
3 - ext1 will receive the busy tone and then will hang up as expected.

any experience about this?
many thanks

I have make a test with a softphone and this issue doesn't happens

I haven't tried this, but I believe this is a Blind Transfer you are doing, so this may be down to the behavior Fanvil wants for their phones.
Have you tried the exact same scenario, but instead of Blind, do an Attended Transfer?

I haven't tried this, but I believe this is a Blind Transfer you are doing, so this may be down to the behavior Fanvil wants for their phones.
Have you tried the exact same scenario, but instead of Blind, do an Attended Transfer?
for a blind transfer you have to
transf-->ext2-->transf
instead I'm doing
transf-->ext2-->dial
at this point if destination is busy I'm expecting busy tone and then return to the hold stage.
can you reply this on your system?

You are correct, that is how the phone behaves. From what I can see, we don't adjust this somehow in the template.
This means that this is the default behavior of the phone as Fanvil created it, so for this you would have to suggest this to them.

Personally though, I found this much better than getting a busy tone, you get a clearly written message what is happening instead us guessing what the tone you are hearing is....
My advice? Just train the users... Users will always cling onto what they had before, but that is not how you go forward.

my friend, you really are right, but after 15 years of working with analog phones my colleagues don't have the patience to understand simple things like these. Sure you can understand what I'm talking about.. I send an email to fanvil and they reply to me that needs tcpdump and configuration file to try in their labs.. Hope that will fix this issue but you are right.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.