Fanvil X5 Phone Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kenttec, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenttec

Hi Guys

Has anyone else had reports of Fanvil X5 phones locking up on the latest 3CX 15.5 SP2, we have been in communication with Fanvil for well over a fortnight now with no signs of progress (multiple traces run). This mainly causes problems for busier clients e.g. call centres when phones are constantly ringing and in use. The Fanvil X5 will completely freeze (keybapd and blf keys un-responsive) and only a reboot will bring it back online. There is no pattern to this, phone can be idle, calling out or recieving a call.

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. kenttec

Hi Ioannis

Yes all on supported firmware and default templates, Fanvil have also provided us with 2 other engineering test firmwares to resolve this issue, that we have tested and found unsuccessful.

This seems to be a case of the hardware not coping with the updated 3CX, possible memory leakage etc. We have tried downgrading the firmware on the X5 as well.

We are running phone and wireshark traces on a customer's phone as we speak and are waiting to hear from them when it locks up so we can send to Fanvil.

Is there anything that 3CX can look in to here as I have raised support cases for this but both times, I was told it was a Fanvil issue, they are obviously struggling with it.

4. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @kenttec

Well be assured that since this has already been examined by our side, there's nothing wrong coming from the PBX side. What you could do whilst troubleshooting with Fanvil, is to change the device of one of the troubled extensions (if possible) just to make sure that this is a device issue.
    Also if you have any extra X5 devices, switch them with the troubled ones in order to determine if it's a device-wise(the specific devices) or a model wise issue.

In the meantime if you find a resolution to this, will be glad to see feedback from you

5. kenttec

Hi Ioannis

Yes these have all been tried, thanks anyway. This has not really been examined by 3CX as no logs or traces where asked for.

I will let you know if we have any update on this.

I'm sure we are not the only customer this is causing issues for!

6. kenttec

We are now having reports of Fanvil X4 devices freezing. All on different systems (on site) all using current firmwares and default templates.

We have captured the event and are hoping for a fix soon!!!!!

Looking to be across the board on this one, considering the majority of our systems use Fanvil, this isnt great!!

7. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@kenttec

Thanks for the feedback, this is great for the community!
    Keep us updated if you please

If i may ask, how many contacts do you have on the troubled extensions?

8. kenttec

Hi

We have been made aware by 5 different companies based around the UK, some schools, some sales teams. But the majority of the phones we use are Fanvil X5 or X4 approx. 500 units.

We have this morning applied a test firmware for the X5 and have not had a report of one locking up, whereas we would have known by at least 2 - 3 hours after applying. Fingers crossed!!

We have sent traces and logs for the X4 and R&D are working on this firmware as we speak, hoping to apply that tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted

9. kenttec

Also to add to the notes, these installs have different switch gear and intenret connections supplied by completely different providers.

10. Alan Malik

Hi, we have 3CX version 15.5.6354.2 and 25+ Fanvil x5s phones. When using BT conference calls we struggle when entering the participation codes and this normally takes 3+ attempts.

We previously used an Avaya system and never had this issue, is there a setting to resolve this?

11. kenttec

Hi Alan

I do know that the X5s & X6 require BT v4.0 both dongle and headset to be fully compatable. If you are using these then its best to contact either Fanvil or your Fanvil reseller.

12. Alan Malik

Hi, we are using the Fanvil handsets using VOIP. The calls work fine but it seems as though the DTMF tones aren't recognised properly by the BT Conference service. All the phones are using the latest software.

13. Alan Malik

I have changed the setting on our SIP provider to Info rather than RFC2823 and this seems to be better, we will keep an eye on this.

14. kenttec

OK Alan

Thanks for the update!

I'll keep you all posted on the freezing phone issue we are experiencing as we are now on our 5th firmware.

Possible ROM/RAM uacsta issue????

15. kenttec

Alan

Have you got the PBX delivers audio on the problem phones as well as the phones DTMF being on INBAND?

16. kenttec

This may help??

17. PhatPanda

We have 120+ Fanvil X5 handsets across 3 locations with no lock up issues on latest 15.5 version.

18. kenttec

Hi PhatPanda

Are you running SP2? & Phones on latest firmware?

We have been in constant communication with Fanvil regarding this, who have confirmed of an issue and supplied a firmware update for the X5, We have had no freezing phones for over 48 hours now, where as before we would have been notified by the users within hours.

I'm waiting for a report from Fanvil as to what caused the issue and how it was resolved.

19. kenttec

Hi Everyone

Please see the below report from Fanvil HQ:

The issue's reason is: After upgrade 3cx to SP2, there is a problem about uacsta beween phone and PBX. When phone end of a call ,the uscsta may be still connected. So , if made many calls, phone will exist a lot uacsta's connect. It will consume the a lot RAM of X5, and result in the issue

20. PhatPanda

Yes sp2 but the difference is most people do not use the web interface/ucsta. Glad the issue was found though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.