• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Fanvil x5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lneblett

Reaction score
With V15 SP2, I factory reset the X5 after which it showed up in the phones pending assignment. I then assigned the phone to an extension and it took as it is now set to the extension number and with the assigned name. I can take and make calls as well, but when looking for it in the phone tab, it shows the attached.

Not a big issue, but I can not update the firmware or re-provision. As seen, the firmware is the one recommended by 3CX in:

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/

Attachments

• After.JPG
    After.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 84
3CX has firmware 1.4.0.1935 which is probably why it is in red. Depending on how you setup your network you may have to manually update the firmware on the phone.

--Tracy

Odd, as the documentation, which was in a link in my earlier post, shows the same firmware as what is currently in the phone, Additionally, the firmware that is in the phone was downloaded the same day from 3CX.

Manually upgrading is not a big deal. It was just an oddity that I came across.

Does anyone have a link to the Fanvil X5 Firmware version 1.4.0.1935?

Glad to be of help jhogue1975, query closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.