Fanvil X5G Custom Template Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sjp_crs, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjp_crs

So I hate the default X5 template...why you need 6 repetitions of the same SIP line registration is beyond me...but anyway...

I figured I could just make a custom template, remap the keys and I'd be all set. 4 hours of swearing later...

I tried to change FKey3 through 6 to the same as my X4s, basically the four shared park slots.
    I found that if I set FKey3 or 4 to anything other than Type2 SIP entries, 3CX will choke on the config (you get 404 not found in the Phones page when trying to view the config).

Fkey5 and 6 I can change just fine, and they then pickup the BLF info from the Extension configuration. In fact, all of the other Fkeys worked as expected, just not 3 and 4.

I tried a custom template based off of Fanvil.ph.xml with just those keys changed. I tried changing Fanvil.ph.xml directly, I tried just with the X5 settings in it's own file...no joy.

Is this something hardcoded in 3CX ? When I change them on the phone itself via the web-ui it works just fine, so it's not a limitation of the phone itself.

I just don't want to have to manually go and reconfigure the Boss's phone every time there is a re-provision, reboot or small change ;)

X5 is running firmware 1.4.0.2040
    Test Server is running 15.5.715.6 (haven't seen the RC update pop yet - and my X4s keep flashing Upgrade Finished which I believe is fixed in RC)
    Win2012-R2

Steve

2. jem1

Maybe you want to check the default template again for the X5G, we have one and in 15.5 which I have it connected to, the template was changed for 2 SIP lines. I had to pull my hair out for the X4G as the default template had NO lines configured other than just the one you can interact with the display and didn't see how to take more than one call at once with it. I really hope the next version of 3CX has the BLF changes that include line keys.

3. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Steve,

1. You have the beta PBX version installed which doesn't contain the latest template there. Please finish the update procedure and install the RC on your test server.
    2. All your mentioned BLF modifications are already done in the template of the RC.
    3. If you are getting 404 Not Found, it means that your modifications weren't done properly and you have mistyped something there. This is why the config file can't be generated (404 Not Found).
    Anyway, as I informed you, all your needed modifications are already done, so you don't need the custom template anymore.
    4. "...why you need 6 repetitions of the same SIP line registration.." - because the phone can be provisioned in 3 different ways (Local, SBC and STUN) . Each provisioning type requires 2 parameters, so 2*3=6...

So, please install the RC on your Test Server and try again.

4. sjp_crs

I could not see the RC option as an update until this morning - I'll try doing this today.

That's good to hear :)

Well, it's a cut and paste of the exact lines that work fine for all the other BLF entries, so I'm struggling to see how this could be the case. I even ran a compare against the two files. I'll double check it again, entirely possible there is something there, but I can't see what. Just a suggestion, it would seem that some more helpful error reporting would be useful here - clearly here is something parsing the .xml that must be choking, an indication of where in the 4000+ lines would help narrow things down a little rather than just 'nope, try again'.

Still don't see why the first 6 Fkeys on the X5 are like this, but not on the X4...but like I said, not a big deal assuming I can change it ;)

Now I have the RC option available, I'll give it a go.

Steve

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Fanvil template (even in 15.5) is missing GMT-7 Location 4 = Arizona.
    Please add it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sjp_crs

I installed RC, and then I still ended up creating a new template from scratch for my X4 and X5 phones. Remapping the BLFs to start at FKey2 manually is a nightmare...VBScript is a blessing ;)

Ww don't use headsets, and if it says headset, we get a bunch of people asking if they should have headsets so starting there makes my life easier. I'll have to play to see if I can change MWI to Voicemail...tired of explaining 'Message Waiting Indicator"

Anyhow...Now my X4s have PowerSaving disabled again, the Bosses phone has SP1-4 as the first 4 configurable keys, and his backlight stays on a nice long time...he'll be happy, so I'm happy ;)

Now to play with Music On Hold playlists ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.