• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fanvil X5S and X6 Unable To Factory Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwamba

Forum User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I reinstalled my installation of 3CX and I had to reprovision the phones. We have only Fanvil phones on our network the X3S, X5S and the X6. I followed the instructions in the following link:

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/factory-reset-fanvil-x-series/

I was able to factory reset the X3S phones but I am unable to reset the X6 and X5S phones. I am following the instructions in the link above but the phone does not enter POST mode. I do not have the passwords for the web interface as they were set in the previous installation. Any help will be appreciated.

Hello @Mwamba

In the instructions on the link you provided, there are exceptions for those 2 specific models.
Did you follow those instructions?

Exception for X5S: press “#”, right after the Red Light blinks on Page-Switch (PS) key.

Exception for X6: press “#”, right after the 2nd Red Light blinks on Power Indicator LED.

Hello @Mwamba

In the instructions on the link you provided, there are exceptions for those 2 specific models.

Exception for X5S: press “#”, right after the Red Light blinks on Page-Switch (PS) key.

Exception for X6: press “#”, right after the 2nd Red Light blinks on Power Indicator LED.
Yes, When the X6 powers on the power indicator LED glows red and then blinks after I which I press the "#" key. I have also tried other combinations such as holding the "#" key but I have been unsuccessful.

I think you'll need to wait for the second blink in the X6

There is no second blink, it blinks once, powers on again and then goes off when the phone powers on.

Hello @Mwamba

I found a video online that works successfully:
As you can see from the 19 second mark the LED blinks twice, he presses "#" and the phone goes into post mode

I have uploaded a video for my phone:

As you can see from the 6 second mark, the video blinks once and does not blink again. I have been pressing "#" after that first blink but to no avail.

Once the Blf lights go off try holding down the # button. That worked for me

Once the Blf lights go off try holding down the # button. That worked for me
I have tried that and it does not work. I have tried both pressing the button once and holding the button after the BLF lights go off.

Hello Mwamba,

could you please make sure and upgrade your phone to the latest available firmware ( https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/ ),
then once the phone starting, press and hold "#" key 5 seconds after BLF keys goes off.

Normally it should work, and if it wont after you upgrade to the latest firmware and try the above you will have to talk to Fanvil support to see what they have for you.

Hello Mwamba,

could you please make sure and upgrade your phone to the latest available firmware ( https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/ ),
then once the phone starting, press and hold "#" key 5 seconds after BLF keys goes off.

Normally it should work, and if it wont after you upgrade to the latest firmware and try the above you will have to talk to Fanvil support to see what they have for you.
OK. It seems my unit has a problem. I will contact Fanvil support. Thanks for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.