Fanvil X6 registration issue - heads up.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi all

There is a problem with the Fanvil X6 handset, where it will become unregistered on 3CX at random times. The phone thinks it is still registered, but it is not. Wireshark shows that the phone stops trying to reregister. If you reboot the phone it will be OK again, until it reoccurs. You can even just log into the phone web interface, go into the lines page and click apply and it will fix itself. Editing the template and changing the register interval from 120 seconds to 3600 seconds will reduce the incidence, but not eliminate the problem.

After much backwards and forwards with Fanvil, they have identified the problem. They released a firmware 0.8.9, which is supposed to fix the problem.

I thought I would put this to the forum to save others having to fault find this nasty little bug.

Also, I am testing a X6 here in my office and the handset regularly displays "contacts full", or similar on the display. We have a lot of contacts. Approximately 1400 and it seems that the phone has a limit of 1000 contacts, so the error pops up every time it re-reads from 3CX.

Cheers

Mark

dan_tx likes this.
  2. chin

3. jon_tx

I'm having same issue with the new hardware version of Fanvil x6 (1.2) using firmware T1.0.2.
    They have told me they are releasing firmware within the next 2 weeks for the new hardware version that will be compatable with 3cx.

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jon_tx

Please do know that you can find all the 3CX supported firmware for the phones here. The supported firmware for a Fanvil X6 is version R0.8.8

Thank you

5. jon_tx

Yes, we are aware of that firmware, however, it is not compatible with the new hardware of the Fanvil x6 (v1.2). When attempting to update to R0.8.8, an 'invalid file' error occurs, and no update happens. Unfortunately, we did all our testing on the Fanvilx x6 hardware v1.1, and then when we ordered our 50 company phones, the newer incompatible hardware version 1.2 was delivered to us.

So we're eagerly waiting for Fanvil to deliver 3cx compatible firmware for our Fanvil x6 phones.

6. datamerge

datamerge New Member

The official firmware 0.8.8 is the one that has the registration issue. I have an as yet unsupported 0.8.9 that appears to be fixed. I am awaiting the next official update from 3CX so I can roll this out to my client systems.

7. jon_tx

Update: We have received from Fanvil their R.0.9.3.2 firmware for the Fanvilx x6 v1.2 hardware, which has fixed the un-register issue. However, our phones still seem to unregister a few times a day and then re-register a minute or so later. During this time, the BLF keys will go blank or flash red, and calls cannot be made. It's a much better situation than it was, but still not 100% yet.

8. mgos

Hi datamerge,
    I've the same problems with the fanvil X6. Could you tell me how or where I could get the 0.8.9 Firmware.
    Every firmware I've found (e.g. RC1.0.0) can register after booting, but the re-registration doesn't work any more.

Regards Mark

9. DannyLeRoux

10. mtech1

11. mtech1

I have upgraded 2 X6 handsets in my office, I am still seeing issues.... Any ones else tried the new firmware yet?

12. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Wait for impending SP2. I'm told Fanvil issues are resolved in there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mtech1 likes this.
  13. indicium

Anybody have a fix for this yet? the new firmware from Fanvil has not solved this for hardware 1.1 or 1.2. Phone works for a while then although it rings and the called extension can answer, timer starts but no audio at all. Power cycle the phone and it works again for an indeterminate amount of time then same again.

I have a customer going mental with this problem (I would if it was me)

mtech1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.