• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Fanvil X7A no provisioning over SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

loomcomputer

Free User
Reaction score
HI!

we tried today provision 2 Fanvil X7A into our system. which didn't work at all.

short the situation:
we have a Windows Machine with pbx installed and configured and working for 2 months right now w/o any problems at the main building.
The 2 X7A should install on another location of the business, so there is another windows machine serving the sbc.
We have at this site a yealink phone which is connected to the 3cx pbx at the main builduing through sbc and works since 2 weeks w/o problems.
so firewall and port at all are ok, we changed the phone setings an numbers on the yealink fopr testing and the yealink prov. w/o problems.

If I connect the 2 X7A at the "sbc site" I see them both in the pbx (see pic attached)
I can click them and assign them an extension - but this never happens << the phones stay there as new phones and never provision.
So I tried also to manual provision copied the prov. link into the phones and forced the proviosining - no luck at all.

Phones themselfes are connected to the "sbc Network" and Ips and so on are correct .

Does anyone here have a hint for me - where to look at - are what to do to provision those phones.

Should I see a xml file or anythig if I put the provision url in browser?

Thanks to all out there!!!

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_Freitag, 14. Mai 2021_17h35m25s_001_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_Freitag, 14. Mai 2021_17h35m25s_001_.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi loomcomputer,

my best guess is that the phone's firmware is too old. I had the same kind of problems you are experiencing with a new Fanvil X5U and also a Grandstream 1782.
After manually logging into the phone's webpage and manual firmware upgrade, provisioning went like a piece of cake.
3CX Support - Phone Firmware page

Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Yeah it was the Firmware - I had 2.2.0.3 on it, supported for now is only 2.2.0.166 had to manually upgrade to 2.6. and after proviosning I had to downgraqde the firmware through pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.