Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

FAULT with VIA headers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millsey, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi All

I have had this issue for a long time but I am now trying to add a new trunk and the issue remains. Our first SIP trunk provider were able to add an adjustment to their system to bypass the problem.

For all BYE packets at the end of calls, the INTERNAL IP address is sent in the VIA header. For all other SIP packets during the call the VIA headers is set (we use "put Public IP in SIP VIA header" option on the advanced tab of the SIP trunks screen).

Can anyone at least confirm this is correct for other installs please? Has anyone found a way around this? We are trying to add Gamma (a UK provider) - there is even a template in 3CX! I need to gather information to send to 3CX on this in the hope they will recognise the issue and possibly issue a fix (we are on V14, we are not planning oto move to v15)

Thanks
    Millsey

2. millsey

millsey New Member

Apologies, my report is not correct. This issue happens only for inbound calls, not outbound, and for when the internal phone ends the call.

So, when 3cx sends the BYE on an inbound call, wire shark shows the VIA header to contain the internal IP address of the system and not the expected IP which is the external address. This does not happen on the other SIP packets

Millsey

3. millsey

millsey New Member

Via our SIP trunk provider who have been trying to resolve this, 3CX have confirmed that this issue "with v14 on some cases" was fixed in V15 SP1 - but without the VAD we cannot upgrade to there.

Millsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.