Faulting application name: 3CXPhoneSystem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sohc, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohc

My 3CX application just stop working. I experienced this everyday during the last three days.

I checked the event viewer and found this error message:

Faulting application name: 3CXPhoneSystem.exe, version: 12.0.33463.0, time stamp: 0x528e028c
    Faulting module name: 3CXPhoneSystem.exe, version: 12.0.33463.0, time stamp: 0x528e028c
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x00000000002c7091
    Faulting process id: 0x794
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf336e0d3c71e6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXPhoneSystem.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXPhoneSystem.exe
    Report Id: 51953df5-a022-11e3-80cd-00155d01080a
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Once I ran out of outgoing trunks, this message will appear after 2 1/2 hours. Then it will stop the 3CX application.

I'm about to upgrade my outgoing lines tomorrow from 5 to 10 but is that supposed to happen?! Also, in my SIP trunks configuration I've set the maximum simultaneous calls to 5.

I need to restart all services to fix the issue.

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

What I would do is go to edit voip providers and change maximum calls to 10. Then backup your pbx, uninstall and reinstall the backup then test to see if problem persist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sohc

Hi jpillow,

I've called Engin today and I increased my outgoing trunks from 5 to 10. I hope this solves the issue.

This is what I saw in the event viewer. I wonder why it says "service got signal to stop"!!!? :?:

[​IMG]

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Did you also uninstall and reinstall?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sohc

Hi jpillow,

Problem was solved after upgrading the SIP trunks from 5 to 10.

No need to reinstall.

I hope this help others who will experience this problem.

I think this is a bug in 3CX. The software should not stop if there's no more outgoing trunks.

6. sohc

It went down again today! This is so annoying :evil:

I check the event viewer and found the following:

1. Call or Registration to ########@(Ln.10000@Engin) has failed. [ V4 ###.###.###.##:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=932 ] replied: 486 Busy here; from IP:###.###.###.##:5060

2. Service got signal to stop: 22

3. Service got signal to stop: stop service

4. Faulting application name: 3CXPhoneSystem.exe, version: 12.0.33463.0, time stamp: 0x528e028c

My 3CX is currently running on Windows Server 2012 R2. There is no toher application installed in this server except for 3CX. I am thinking to change the OS. Anyone can recommend a good OS? I'm thinking of using Server 2003 on this one as I trust this OS.

7. Rosenrot

Hi everyone!
    I want to say that I have the same problem. My 3CX work on Windows Server 2012 R2 too. Few times a day service stops signal 22. It began with the transition to version 12.
    Another error with the library ntdll.dll. I think the error is associated with the connection of the 3CXPhoneSystem.exe file, to this library.
    Perhaps the library there are different treatment and it is connected, or specifically with the transition from 11 to version 12, or because the different service packs that make requests to the library by mistake. I would like to hear more opinions on this topic. :roll:

In event viewer I have the same logs and in 3CX Management Console same error Service got signal to stop: 22.

8. Rosenrot

Oooooh.. >_<
    In this post, I found something similar http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-v11-service-pack-2/.
    As I understand it, the files from the folder C: \ ProgramData \ 3CX \ RollBack \ Programs \ Bin \ folder and C: \ Program Files \ 3CX PhoneSystem \ Bin \ have a path to a single library, or current version has the wrong path.
    The question is, can I without reinstall all 3CX only remove or replace some file to solve this problem :?:

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with the path that Jpillow suggested.

Running out of trunks is a normal everyday activity and I suspect a lot more folks would be experiencing and complaining about it. I do not think running on Server 2003 is an option any longer as it not supported for the V12 edition.

I also don't think it wise to refer or revert to some similar reference of a 2011 post using V11 SP2 as being a viable option for a different version (12 SP3).

I would do a backup of my existing instance, uninstall the application in its entirety, ensure that the OS is fully updated and possibly scan the file system to make sure all is stable and then download and install the latest 3CX available and finally restore the backup and see. This is what JP suggested and I think it is the best course to follow. If nothing else, you will have at least ensured that a corrupted file was likely fixed...if that is/were the issue.

If this does not resolve the issue, then you need to open a ticket with 3CX support and lacking that support, go back to the reseller and seek their help. Perhaps you have a unique configuration that is calling an exception that the app has not seen before. They have tools that allow them to take a fairly deep dive into the operation.

I do not have any 2012R2 systems as of yet, but I do have 2012Essentials running without any issues. Been very stable with no headaches whatsoever.

I am willing to bet there are quite a few who are running on 2012R2 in numerous configs without issue, so hopefully the easier path will overcome whatever is the root cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.