• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FAX ability in 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbkang1

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to see if I could get FAX from VOIP line by looking at the server with demo activation.

So far I could use one of my PC Fax modem connected to VOIP gate way (T.38) login to the sever.
I can do FAX by sending fax to 888 and get the email.

But if I install a VOIP line and set it to all fax call and sendinf fax to this VOIP number did't go through.
I saw sever status showing transfer to 888 but soon disconnected.

My question is: the demo version cut the FAX from outside or there is some problem in setting?

Thanks

Fax is currently only supported via a supported and tested VoIP gateway, as per the documentation. It also requires a commercial edition...

Re: FAX ability in 3CX / Call from outside

Thank you very much for the reply.

I checked FAX within extension (to 888 FAX number). Actually calling outside was not possible.

Another one question is call to outside network.
I tried to use 3CX client to call each other. It was good within local network.
But I found only one way voice was possible if I call from another network even the login was successful.

I don't know if the purchased version will fix this or not.

Please also let me know if you have interest in Asia (Japan).

Hi

Its no problem at all to send faxes to outside numbers. You will have to configure 3Cx as per the instructions and use supported hardware and this will work fine.

Re external extensions - this works fine. If you have one way audio then you have a network and or firewall configuration issue.

We are definitely interested in Japan. If you are a computer reseller, you can apply to become a 3CX partner. If you are an enduser interested in 3CX, you can consider buying a commercial edition with support package and then we could you could create a support ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.