Fax Auto-detection on all lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by patrickrivard, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

I've been playin with the FAX option for few days now and ther is something I don't get.
    On our old Nortel System when the autoattendant answered any incomming line the system would Auto-Detect if it was a FAX and it would route it to the proper ext.
    With 3Cx it seems that you can either set a line to be a FAX line or Voice. so it basically needs to be a dedicated fax line on your system...
    This is really not practical when you have pst line set up in Cascade mode by the provider and the FAX that was sent on line -1- gets routed to line -2- by the provider because line -1- is busy. Then you either dont get the FAx on that line if line -2- in 3CX is not setup to be a FAX line or you don't get the calls on line -2- if it is setup in 3CX as a FAX line....
    This does not sound good at all... unless we are missing something, and I sure hope so....

Pat

2. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Matt,

I get what you're saying but for us it does not make any sense because all of our Literature is made that way; we have Letterhead, Business Cards, Publicity, and so on that is built that way, one can send a FAX on any line we have and it has been like that for years... so we can't change all of that because the 3CX system is not flexible enough...
    This should not be too hard for 3CX to implemen as an update since other PBX companies have been doing it for years...

Thanks

3. nitup

Patrick,
    Can you please suggest any IP PBX that can reliably auto-detect incoming fax calls and route them accordingly?
    Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.