• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fax Caller-ID not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sip.bg

Reaction score
Regardless of setting Caller-ID for fax extensions and settings of outbound parameters for SIP trunk -- the desired Caller-ID is not send / used, instead caller-ID of the SIP trunk is used.
Tests include setting of Originator's caller-id and caller-id taken from extension setting for Contact: user part and From: user part into outbound parameters. This has effect for regular extensions, but not for fax extensions.
Any clue ?

You were involved in this thread...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/fax-default-caller-id.52589/

At that time, it was stated that it was a known issue. I assume we are still awaiting a "fix"in a future update.
Previous topic was closed with statement that issue is fixed ..
Unfortunately still exists (SP3) and is causing problems with billing and similar.

I have a customer -- a shopping center and some of the tenants are still using faxes, so the management of the shopping center needs precise caller-ids for telephone exchange users.

Please note that this is a known issue that is currently being investigated by our R&D department. However we can only replicate the issue when using Originator caller ID. When using outbound caller ID fax extension CID is being sent correctly.

We have confirmed that the issue exists and that it is being investigated however it was never mentioned that the issue is fixed in SP3. It was also mentioned that the issue is present when using Originator Caller ID. If you don't need to use originator caller ID in the affected trunks then Outbound caller ID will work.

We have confirmed that the issue exists and that it is being investigated however it was never mentioned that the issue is fixed in SP3. It was also mentioned that the issue is present when using Originator Caller ID. If you don't need to use originator caller ID in the affected trunks then Outbound caller ID will work.
Ok, what combination of outgoing parameters should be used in order caller-id set into fax extension settings to be used -- I tried originator's caller-id, also caller-id taken from extension settings, but unfortunately without luck.

If no caller-id is set into fax extension, then the sip trunk caller-id is used, but I want to use specific one. Possible workaround is to create separate trunks with dedicated caller-id per fax extension (authentication used as caller-id), but this is not a good solution, when I need 50+ trunks and outbound rules (too many fax extensions).

Your outbound parameters should be set to "OutboundCallerId" taken from extension settings in the fields where your provider is reading the Caller ID info from. That will send the Fax extensions caller ID to the provider. You confirm this with a wireshark capture

Your outbound parameters should be set to "OutboundCallerId" taken from extension settings in the fields where your provider is reading the Caller ID info from. That will send the Fax extensions caller ID to the provider. You confirm this with a wireshark capture
Thanks,
It's working this way :)

Glad i could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.