Fax Caller-ID not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sip.bg, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Regardless of setting Caller-ID for fax extensions and settings of outbound parameters for SIP trunk -- the desired Caller-ID is not send / used, instead caller-ID of the SIP trunk is used.
    Tests include setting of Originator's caller-id and caller-id taken from extension setting for Contact: user part and From: user part into outbound parameters. This has effect for regular extensions, but not for fax extensions.
    Any clue ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Previous topic was closed with statement that issue is fixed ..
    Unfortunately still exists (SP3) and is causing problems with billing and similar.

I have a customer -- a shopping center and some of the tenants are still using faxes, so the management of the shopping center needs precise caller-ids for telephone exchange users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We have confirmed that the issue exists and that it is being investigated however it was never mentioned that the issue is fixed in SP3. It was also mentioned that the issue is present when using Originator Caller ID. If you don't need to use originator caller ID in the affected trunks then Outbound caller ID will work.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Ok, what combination of outgoing parameters should be used in order caller-id set into fax extension settings to be used -- I tried originator's caller-id, also caller-id taken from extension settings, but unfortunately without luck.

If no caller-id is set into fax extension, then the sip trunk caller-id is used, but I want to use specific one. Possible workaround is to create separate trunks with dedicated caller-id per fax extension (authentication used as caller-id), but this is not a good solution, when I need 50+ trunks and outbound rules (too many fax extensions).

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Your outbound parameters should be set to "OutboundCallerId" taken from extension settings in the fields where your provider is reading the Caller ID info from. That will send the Fax extensions caller ID to the provider. You confirm this with a wireshark capture

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Thanks,
    It's working this way :)

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.