• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FAX Default Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash99

Reaction score
I'm using 15.5
I have two FAX Extensions and I set Default Caller ID on both of them
However when we send FAXes from any one of them it shows our main number and not the CID I set for these extensions.

When I create a regular extension and set CID there it shows correctly

Any idea whats wrong ?

Thanks

Reactions: sip.bg
May be not working as expected, I can also confirm that main number of the trunk is used.

Reactions: Flash99
Providing the SIP provider accepts this as valid you should only need to set the Outbound CallerID on each Extension.

Here is more detailed guidance including more advanced options.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/

What gateway or ATA are you using for your FAX machine, what is the make and model ?

Providing the SIP provider accepts this as valid you should only need to set the Outbound CallerID on each Extension.

Here is more detailed guidance including more advanced options.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/
I'm using outbound caller-id, taken from extension settings, this works OK for regular extensions, but not for fax extensions for some reason, despite of specific caller-id set for fax extension.

I'm using outbound caller-id, taken from extension settings, this works OK for regular extensions, but not for fax extensions for some reason, despite of specific caller-id set for fax extension.

Same here
Setting it on regular extension works fine. So there is no problem with SIP provider
Setting it on FAX extension doesn't work

Interesting ....

Which make and models of gateways are being used here ? This seems to be working fine for me via a Patton SN4112 Gateway, however please specify which Caller ID you are referring to the actual Caller ID or the number displayed at the top of the fax ?

As a general rule I would not recommend FAX with 3CX using single port ATA's.

Interesting ....

Which make and models of gateways are being used here ? This seems to be working fine for me via a Patton SN4112 Gateway, however please specify which Caller ID you are referring to the actual Caller ID or the number displayed at the top of the fax ?

I don't think it has anything to do with the ATA or to the fact its FAX
Just like in regular extension I can use soft phone or any other supported phone and if I set CID on 3CX it will work (3CX sets the CID and not the phone)
Same is here with FAX extension, even if I connect a regular phone to it and just make a call it still shows main trunk number and not the CID that was set on 3CX.

As far as I understand its 3CX bug and would be interesting to hear what 3CX has to say about it

Interesting ....

This has nothing to do with fax header, etc.
The question is about caller-ID transmitted over SIP protocol.

Does that ATA you are using for the fax machine, have a field to fill in the number to be displayed? Perhaps that may work.

Even it has, it is ignored by PBX, as with ATAs used for regular extensions for example, as well as IP phones -- the extension settings in PBX override endpoint device settings. Outbound Caller-ID is something to be controlled by PBX, at least in 3CX implementation.

Hello there

Please note that this is a known issue that is currently being investigated by our R&D department. However we can only replicate the issue when using Originator caller ID. When using outbound caller ID fax extension CID is being sent correctly.

Hello there

Please note that this is a known issue that is currently being investigated by our R&D department. However we can only replicate the issue when using Originator caller ID. When using outbound caller ID fax extension CID is being sent correctly.

Thanks. I can confirm that changing to outbound caller ID works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.