Fax doesn't restart after modem drop out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alanbolitho, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanbolitho

Hi all,

I have an issue relating to the fax.

3CX fax system works perfectly, until the modem or router loses its connection for any length of time. That is: the fax server stops working if the modem has no access to the internet for more than an hour. The phone lines will keep working when the modem gains access to the internet again but the fax server keeps the red light on and does not return to green when the internet returns.

If the modem drops out for a few minutes the fax server continues to work.

I recognise that from time to time the internet drops out and phone and fax will stop for that period of time, but what I would like is for the fax server to restart when the internet comes on rather then me having to manually restart the service whenever I notice that it has stopped working.

Cheers
    Alan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Someone else (perhaps someone from 3CX) will have to come up with an answer for you. It should be checked to see if it can be duplicated on another system.

I would be more concerned with why you are loosing internet connectivity that often and for that long. You should be having a talk with your ISP and getting that corrected. That is unacceptable service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.