Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fax gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pc75, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc75

HI folks, and many thanks to anyone that can assist here.

We have purchased a Patton SN4114 FXS gateway and installed this using the following guide: https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112-fxs/

At this stage we're using the free trial of 3CX, and planning to purchase an 8SC license once we get this bedded in place. I am wondering if the problems we're seeing below are because it's a free trial?

It seems that we have a couple issues here:

(1) When I create the fax extension, I am being asked for a Fax Extension Authentication ID, which defaults to the extension number I am using. What should be entered here please?
    (2) I am then creating the entry in FSX/DECT and selecting the gateway, entering MAC address etc. and then entering the extension created above. All good here.
    (3) We have a block of 10 DID's in one trunk, which I have set up and calls are working perfectly. I have an existing inbound rule for the main number - i.e. the first of the 10 incoming numbers. We don't want extensions having a DID, so no need to assign numbers further. I assume I must now make an inbound rule for calls coming in on the number we wish to use for fax (second sequential number in the block of 10) and I am then selecting the option "Send fax to" and choosing the Fax extension I created above. When I then call this number, I am getting a reply from 3CX saying "Called number does not exist" - would anyone know why this might be?

Many thanks for any advice that folks may have to offer!

#1 pc75, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.