• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

FAX issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwerkman

Reaction score
I have a fax-issue. After a while troubleshooting (also with the provider) I'm out of options.
I setup a Inbound rule for a specific number and directed it to the e-mailaddress specified in the 3CX Fax Server. When I call (normal phone or fax machine) the number, the line is picked up. But it disconnects immediately after 2 or 3 seconds.
I attached en text file with a piece of my log.

Attachments

• fax.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 43
What version of 3CX? There have been some changes as to how the fax solution works. In some of the earlier versions, firewall settings and some internal changes needed to be made. If V12, then it should work out of the box for inbound faxing to the designated 3CX fax server extension.

I would not use an internal extension to initiate the call in the hopes that it will be routed back into the system fax server extension and you will hear the anticipated toning. The system is set for receive only and only the inbuilt fax server extension supports T.38.

In most cases of an immediate disconnect, it is because the fax server extension did not receive the anticipated data stream from the get go (RTP stream) and without RTP, there is no call and therefor hung-up.

Use external fax machines for testing as this will be the easier to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.