Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

FAX issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jjwerkman, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjwerkman

I have a fax-issue. After a while troubleshooting (also with the provider) I'm out of options.
    I setup a Inbound rule for a specific number and directed it to the e-mailaddress specified in the 3CX Fax Server. When I call (normal phone or fax machine) the number, the line is picked up. But it disconnects immediately after 2 or 3 seconds.
    I attached en text file with a piece of my log.

Attached Files:

• fax.txt
      File size:
      8.4 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What version of 3CX? There have been some changes as to how the fax solution works. In some of the earlier versions, firewall settings and some internal changes needed to be made. If V12, then it should work out of the box for inbound faxing to the designated 3CX fax server extension.

I would not use an internal extension to initiate the call in the hopes that it will be routed back into the system fax server extension and you will hear the anticipated toning. The system is set for receive only and only the inbuilt fax server extension supports T.38.

In most cases of an immediate disconnect, it is because the fax server extension did not receive the anticipated data stream from the get go (RTP stream) and without RTP, there is no call and therefor hung-up.

Use external fax machines for testing as this will be the easier to troubleshoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.