Fax machine on Obi100 - 3CX - SN4120 (ISDN)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robxbl69, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robxbl69

Hi all,

Just finalising my plan to ditch our ISDN PBX and move to 3CX. Our Internet connection isn't up to handling all our calls and until this improves I've decided to keep our ISDN line which also has a DDI for inbound fax. I've tested this for inbound fax through the SN4120 to 3CX fax server and it works fine. We still have an occasional need to send a fax from a stand alone fax machine. Could I connect a fax machine to and Obi100 and route the outbound fax over the ISDN?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

2. robxbl69

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Faxing can still be hit and miss. I have the Obi 110 but have not looking into using it for faxes. I have had luck with the SPA- 2102/3102 combination going out on a PSTN line. just keep in mind that everything has to support T.38, and , of course, the settings have to be correct. So...if there are fax settings in the Obi, and T.38 is mentioned, then that end should be OK, it is just a matter if your ISDN gateway "co-operating".

Keep in mind that , if the fax machines have to drop to a lower data rate, some newer machines seem to have a problem with this. it might be that the initial "handshake" appears to support a faster speed, but when it comes to sending the document, enough errors begin to creep in that it just gives up. There are a number of variables involved and these are going to differ greatly from one set-up to another. All you can do is cross your fingers and give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.