Fax & nexVortex using FXS adapter - who?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lneblett, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have the 3CX fax server portion working just fine, but now I am seeking info on how, if possible, to connect a SPA2102, SPA3102 or HT502 to a 3CX system and use the FXS port to connect to an analog fax machine so that receiving and sending might be possible. Over the years and various 3CX versions, faxing seems to be a moving target. I can find threads indicating set them up as extensions and others saying set them up as fax extensions. I even see blog posts about how to connect a SPA3102, but only in V9 and before. I see some posts expaining that t38 is only supported if using the 3CX fax server aspect and that if trying to set-up as an extension, only pass-through of 711 is supported. Those that have indicated that they have been successful in being able to fax have not fully disclosed the details of which version of 3CX, if an extension or fax server, if it was an added server or took the place of the 3CX buit-in server, etc. How the outbound caller-id from a fax line was established so that the callee could identify from who and presumably the VoIP provider could route to t38 capable infrastructure, etc. nexVortex is a single trunk solution and it would appear that if more than one DID (to include the trunk) is involved and or more than one fax, then each would need to identify itself as to which line the fax represented. My client just got off of AT&T (PRI) and is more than pleased with what he has. I tried to convince him to keep a couple of POTS lines around, but no go. Now, the employees are all lost without fax and complaining so indicated I would look into it and see. I personally don't like fax, but old ways die hard...take SLA for example. I am looking for more definitive info/details on how faxing is being accomplished currently and using V10 Sp6 with any of the above adapters as what info I can see on the blog and forums is all over the place and while I assume there is more than one way to skin the cat, there are simply too many cats to get a clear direction.

Thanks in advance for the feedback, this should be interesting.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.