Fax - only one page received

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by loowee, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loowee

Hey guys !

this one has been hanging for some time but I feel the hardware is working fine.
    We have fax service installed on a 3CX v9 setup along with a Grandstream HT503 ( t.38 ) PSTN Gateway. We are able to receive faxes but only one page goes trough. That first page is sharp and no distortion on the image so the line signal must not be causing this issue.

We looked on the "disconnect" settings on the HT503 but could not get better results. Always one page when receiving from a remotr hardware fax trough PSTN.

We managed to get a full 6 pages fax to pass trough once with an online free fax service, I am guessing the digital system they use might be communicating some other way.

I have been told the HT503 had problems with 3CX fax but since we get 100% success on the first page, there has to be a way to fix the problem.

Anyone ?

2. loowee

Update : hardware faxes that send PSTN faxes do get an error since transmission obviously is cut before it ends.

could it be related to disconnect settings ?

3. loowee

New call on this one !

I managed to get a working setup @ a client but even after copying a perfect Mirror of the config of the HT503 on the new unit, it still wont send more than one page trough analog fax machines.

We get the first page no problem, second page of fax does not follow and sender's fax reports an error.
    Digital fax services sending a fax to our HT503 / 3CX fax server works fine so this leaves us with questionmarks !??

Any idea what could be causing the disconnection after 1st page sent when we should be expecting more pages ?

Thx !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.