Fax Question and Bug Report for V4_Alpha

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ryandc, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Ryandc

First up, the bug:
    When I click on "Gateways and Providers" and then atempt to edit a 3cx bridge-to-bridge device, I am thrown this error:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getStunHost() on a non-object in c:\program files\3cxphonesystem\data\http\voip_gateway2.php on line 105
    Also, I can't shut the STUN server error messages up. Because I run on a fixed IP and have things configured on my router such that I don't need STUN, it's annoying, to say the least.
    Now, on to the real problem. I want to be able to test the Fax featues on this new version of 3cx, as well as test the 3cx bridge connections. However, fax support for these seems to be disabled. I can turn fax support on for other VOIP lines, just not for the bridge connections.
    Does anyone have a workaround for this? A way to link 2 3cx PBX instances such that calls can be passed between them?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Ryan,

Re the bridge, do you mean you can not create a bridge or just not edit the settings?

Re fax and bridge - The is only used to bridge phone systems/calls... I.e no fax options are necessary/available in a bridge.

3. Ryandc

I can create a bridge, I just can't edit it.
    The reason I inquire about the faxes:
    I'm currently running version 3.1 as my production box, but I'd like to test the fax capabilities by passing a call received on my 3.1 box to the 4.0A box. I can bridge the 3.1 box to the 4.0 box by creating a VOIP line on the 3.1 and bridge on the 4.0; I'm just curious how to pass a fax over it.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I afraid you can not pass fax from 3.1 to 4.0 because 3.1 is not aware about faxes at all.
    Re STUN - currently you can not disable it at all unless you manually make blank fields for STUN servers in database. Still you can set recheck interval to be very long, so it will not annoy you too often.

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Ryandc,

I would recomend you dedicate a PSTN line to go to your v4 PBX. Then set that line to "Dedicated FAX" .

Make sure your gateway is t.38 enabled, also be sure to set correct mail server settings in the "General settings" page and enter a valid FAX Delivery address.