Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fax Reception problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OwenBurnett, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OwenBurnett

Hello,
    I'm using 3cx demo at home with my voip line and I can not figure out how to recive faxes, i have only one tel. number so i cant put one extension to the fax and the other to normal use.
    The 3cx must identify the incoming call and direct ot to fax or to the phone automatically.

Is this possible with 3cx?

Owen

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. You need two separate numbers for voice and fax calls. Otherwise this should be possible via DR or call-queue settings on detecting a fax tone. May be in some future release. Check ideascale whether other people requested this feature.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OwenBurnett

I tryed to use the one line for fax recivnig only and it did not worked, 3cx hang up immidetly.
    PS: there is an error in the log 1073741824 but not info what it means

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Your VoIP provider must support T.38 protocol (Fax over IP) to receive faxes by built-in fax server in 3CX (to e-mail of default fax extension is 888).
    Otherwise (if your are using ordinary analog or ISDN line, or your VoIP provider is supporting only T.30 fax or so-called PCM) you need to use a VoIP adapter (like Cisco/Linkys SPA-2102 or 3102) with a traditional fax machine attached to a FXS (Phone) port of the adapter (some extra setting of that port may be required).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Also thought it would not work on the free version!

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Ok,

may be not with free version, but should work with demo.

Regards

7. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I am not sure where you are. In the UK Voip-Unlimited provide a fax capable SIP trunk service, using t38. This works fine to a fax machine if you use a Linksys 3102. When the SIP trunk is setup a number of DDI numbers are allocated. One or more of these can be allocated to a fax service, using a 3102 for example, or for a fax to email service.

Kind regards
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.