Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fax Server 3CX v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SDI-SH, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDI-SH

Having issues receiving fax with 3CX fax server even though I can see from the call logs that the fax server extension has answered. There hasn't been a lot of documentation in regards to configuring 3CX fax server settings for v15. The following was done to configure the fax server settings:

1) Went to Settings from the menu on the left
    2) Selected FXS/DECT
    3) Entered default email address using default fax server extension 8888
    4) Added DID to fax server settings
    5) Confirmed Inbound Rules has an entry to send fax to 8888 with DID number specified in step 4

When I dial the fax number, I hear nothing; dead air or receive a prompt indicating that all circuits are busy and to try the call again later.

For the VoIP gateway, we are using a Neogate TE100. For inbound routes, we have enabled T.38 support and are sending it through another trunk specifically just for fax. The SIP trunk settings that we have added in 3CX for the fax DID is as follows:

- Generic SIP Trunk - Fax
    - Register/Account based
    - Route calls to main fax DID by sending calls to extension 8888
    - Default codecs

We are using a Yealink TA100 ATA adapter that supports T.38 and have configured it to connect to extension 8888. The status on the ATA adapter indicates that it is connected, on-hook (idle), and is up. Connected to the ATA adapter is a multi-functional HP printer.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

What is the revision number you are using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SDI-SH

Revision 15.0.59950.0

I'd like to add that when attempting to dial from an internal extension (7100) to extension 8888, there's no tone. The call is received with dead air.

4. SDI-SH

Is there a bug with the 3CX fax server on version 15?

5. bradgarrison

I just opened a ticket about it today. I'm not able to get the fax server working on the Linux version 15 with SP 4.

6. akberhassan

any solution you found..
    we upgraded to v15 and fax server is not working... no fax dial tone from internal or external call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.