Fax Server Installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by galega, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galega

We are getting errors during installation of 3cxfaxserver.msi over W2003 SP2. After launch installation proccess dialogbox shows "3CX Fax Server Setup wizard ended prematurely". Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Try this one instead:

http://www.faxback.com/msfaxplugin/index.aspx?source=FaxBack%20homePage

We are considering discontinuing this fax server in favor of supporting this faxback product. Basic version is free

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sipero123

Nick,

Perhaps you might want to consider supporting this one as well http://www.t38faxvoip.com/about.htm

Jonathan Hamon

4. galega

We will try this.
    Thank you, Nick.

5. sipero123

Hi,

Thank you. The good thing about this one is besides support T38 it is also possible to use it over the betamax network with G711 I've tried this and although it does not work 100% it does seem to work 75% It works best when the destination is a physical fax machine rather than also on voip.

They also do another program FaxBoom which can also be setup to work over SIP with the Betamax network independantly of the pbx and can be used to do email to fax.

Jonathan Hamon

6. G_3CX

Hi Nick, I am having trouble getting either 3CXfaxserver or Faxback to work as outgoing fax through 3cx / patton gateway on a xp sp 3 machine. Software install seems to go fine but requests the \\3cxserver\Fax do not seem to start the MS Fax prompt. If i print to the Fax on the 3cxserver machine the fax service starts. I have double checked that no Windows Firewall issues exist as far as permissions from other machines on the LAN accessing the \\3cxsrever\Fax. Any help to work through this would be greatly appreciated as many of our potential clients will need this feature working.

7. savant

So I downloaded and installed the FaxBack VoIP Plug-In for Microsoft-Fax. I have configured it to connect through our 3CX box. I have yet to see it try and make a registration atempt to 3CX. Has anyone succesfull setup this product? Please share what you have done to complete this task. Thanks!

-Travis

8. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I know this is an old topic but I'm also trying to setup faxback and tests fail whether I configure direct to gateway or using sip proxy... from there I assume it wants extension and password which I specified.

In either situation I see activity in 3cx activity log but the log doesn't look much different in either config.

direct gateway:

sip proxy

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.