Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fax Server - Not all faxes sent to mailbox

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wellington Tim, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wellington Tim

Hi All.. another fax problem and one that's probably already discussed (but I couldn't find it after trawling through the forum for a while).

We are running 3CX ver 8 with the fax Server extension set up as 888 and directing received faxes as PDF's to a mailbox.. only problem is, only faxes from certain fax machines are being received in this way. Some fax senders will report that all attempts to send to our designated fax number fail to get through, while other fax senders never have a problem and the faxes appear in the inbox as a PDF as it should. Those faxes that fail we get the sender to redial to a directly wired fax. Our sip provider is Voip-Unlimited, so there's no issue with T38 compatability.

Whenever I call the fax number from my mobile, I always get the fax tone and a mail appears in the inbox (with no pdf attachment, of course).

Is this likely to be a hardware problem? Possibly the faxes that are failing are being sent from old machines that don't support T38? Or am I failing to grasp the basics as usual? :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.