fax server password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tillyfliss, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tillyfliss

I have recently upgraded my system from a paid for V7 to V10 free and I have been checking the security of the system due to a recent hack. the fax server extension is set to 888 and its password is the same but the options to save changes to the password are greyed out. I guess because faxing isn't supported in the free version. but is this not a big security risk and can calls be placed using the fax server credentials as they could in V7. if so how do I change this password. many thanks in anticipation Steve

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

perhaps put in a trial/demo code, make the changes, then revent back to free ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tillyfliss

Hi thanks for that but I don't think there is a key for the free one, keys are only entered for the paid versions, not sure if you can get a time limited demo I will have to do a bit of research to see if it is possible. once again many thanks

4. tillyfliss

hi again fixed now got hold of a demo key not time limited just limits concurrent calls to two, but can revert back to free if I wish thanks again for the tip system all secured now

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

thats what i said :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.