Fax server possible bug?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 805tech, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 805tech

Every time I restart the server that host my 3CX the fax server stops working. I have to go into the management and restart all the services and then the FAX starts working again. Anyone else having this issue?

2. cscdubai@eim.ae

FAX server service stops very often in R12 and previous releases. It cannot be restarted as it shows "stopping". I have to open command in elevated mode (asministrator) and kill that process.

3. chisel900

Yes we have exactly the same issue here running v12. We have to restart the service in management console but this fix only works for a maybe half an hour or so before the fax stops working again. This issue came into play when v11 was released for us. Before this point we had no issues with the fax service at all.

4. 805tech

So I take it there is no fix for this issue? Once I restart all the services Fax works great until I restart the computer.

5. roland_3CX

roland_3CX New Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Chisel900,

What update number are you on? Please ensure that you have no updates pending in the Console.

6. 805tech

After doing the SP5 update I am still having this problem. Any one else having this problem also?

7. mixig

mixig Active Member

I also every now and then have the same problem with the fax server (v11 and v12)

8. 805tech

Well I figured out why this was happening. Our server had SSD running on Raid 1 we had a problem and I switched the drives to HDD and now when I restart the computer the fax server works after a reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.