• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fax server possible bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

805tech

Forum User
Reaction score
Every time I restart the server that host my 3CX the fax server stops working. I have to go into the management and restart all the services and then the FAX starts working again. Anyone else having this issue?

FAX server service stops very often in R12 and previous releases. It cannot be restarted as it shows "stopping". I have to open command in elevated mode (asministrator) and kill that process.

Yes we have exactly the same issue here running v12. We have to restart the service in management console but this fix only works for a maybe half an hour or so before the fax stops working again. This issue came into play when v11 was released for us. Before this point we had no issues with the fax service at all.

So I take it there is no fix for this issue? Once I restart all the services Fax works great until I restart the computer.

Hi Chisel900,

What update number are you on? Please ensure that you have no updates pending in the Console.

After doing the SP5 update I am still having this problem. Any one else having this problem also?

I also every now and then have the same problem with the fax server (v11 and v12)

Well I figured out why this was happening. Our server had SSD running on Raid 1 we had a problem and I switched the drives to HDD and now when I restart the computer the fax server works after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc92260
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.