Fax Server questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Milton Schreiber, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milton Schreiber

We are running 3cx 15.5 on a Google Cloud server. We have multiple offices, and I would like to set up multiple incoming fax DID's, which would then route to separate email addresses. In other words the default x888 would route to joe@email.com; x889 would route to sally@email.com; etc.; and each fax extension would have a unique DID.

Is this possible using the Fax Server?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

yes, you can receive faxes to emails, as many as you want per different DIDs, if your provider supports T.38
    not possible to send / receive faxes with ATA, unless you have VPN to your 3CX site (google cloud)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

4. Milton Schreiber

Is it also possible to send faxes to multiple email addresses from within 3cx. For example for one fax DID 555-123-4567, I would like to send PDF's to two email addresses. I know I can do this outside of 3cx using a group email address, but I expected to be able to do this within 3cx. I tried to use a ring group, but I was unable to select the virtual extension of the ring group in inbound rules.

#4 Milton Schreiber, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I don't think this is possible inside 3CX, but you can use external mail forwarder (most email providers support this service) to send email to several recipients.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Milton Schreiber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.