Fax Server v7 crashes during receiving fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Spyklee, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyklee

Hi all,

Installed a v7 system on a Patton 4554.
    Although with some initial issues the voice part seems to work ok, however receiving faxes has issues.

The Fax Server Service seems the crash resulting in the GUI in a stopt service. The Event Viewe (Windows 2003) shows the following:

• Event Type: Information
      Event Source: Application Error
      Event Category: (100)
      Event ID: 1004
      Date: 30-12-2008
      Time: 16:04:25
      User: N/A
      Computer: ENGEL
      Description:
      Reporting queued error: faulting application 3CXFaxServer.exe, version 6.0.3849.0, faulting module 3CXFaxServer.exe, version 6.0.3849.0, fault address 0x000c1395.

And a Dr. Watson entry:

• Event Type: Information
      Event Source: DrWatson
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 4097
      Date: 30-12-2008
      Time: 15:58:57
      User: N/A
      Computer: ENGEL
      Description:
      The application, C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXFaxServer.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 12/30/2008 @ 15:58:57.250 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 004C1395 (3CXFaxServer)

Anybody an idea what's going wrong here?

Cheers! Eric

2. Discovery Technology

Are you running the latest build of V7?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Eric

If the crash occurs right when the fax service begins to receive, you may try to do the following:

- In the Configuration Panel, go to Settings/Advanced page, on the first ("Advanced") tab
    - there, in the "Settings for Direct SIP calls", please check if the "Local SIP domain" field is set to "mysipdomain.com" or any other domain name.
    - if yes, then replace it with an IP (if you're not interested at this moment in direct SIP calls, you may specify 127.0.0.1)
    - restart 3CXPhoneSystem and then the fax service.
    - try again to receive a fax.

We found very recently, in the fax service, a bug matching quite well the "simptoms" you described, so it might be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Spyklee

Happy New Year !!!

Yes I'm running the latest version of v7, as soon as I'm at the offic I'll try this setting.
    Thanks

Eric

5. Spyklee

Hi Vali_3CX,

With the changes made as described I'm able to receive faxes!
    However I still have multiple issues with the inbound routes DID of phone calls.

The Pattn 4554 wizard created two ports and I identified them as 'Port 1' and 'Port 2'.
    I also added specific DID number on 'Port 1' and 'Port 2' for the fax and specific re-route of a number.

My experience is that I'm not able to change any setting on the 'default' Port configuration for the incomming call.
    Any change of a radio button results in an extra IE tab with a page:

The same goes for the selected radio button 'Connect to Extension' and change off the Extension number.

I'm not able to change the configuration for inbound calls only / incoming calls only either. This results in the same error.

Also the IE7 (on Vista x64) is very slow, looks like there is client side scripting which makes entering data difficult.
    Example: type extension number, focus is changed to the first character resulting in overwrite part of the extension

Eric

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Eric

Happy New Year! :)
    I'm glad you have that problem solved. However, the provided "solution" it's an "emergency" one, to avoid the problem - we are working to have it fixed in the next release, and then, if you need direct SIP calls on your 3CX PBX, you will be able to revert the "emergency" change you had done.

vali

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Eric

A new release of the 3CX Phone System has been released yesterday, you may check to see if the fax is now working properly.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/new-3cx-phone-system-7-available-8497.html

vali

8. Spyklee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.