FAX SERVER?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thereverend, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereverend

thereverend New Member

I think 3cx has a fax server built in but i cant figure out how to configure it. What I would like to do is get an additional phone # from my provider and use that number as a dedicated fax phone #.. BUT i would like to be able to send and recv faxes with 3cx and have them emailed to my email address as they come in. I would like to set up the OUTGOING faxes as a PRINTER DRIVER or EMAIL to the 3cx system is this something that can happen and if so please provide step by step directions on how to make this happen..

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Faxing with 3cx is supported in a receive only manner. It will receive athen convert to PDF and email to the address specified for the extension. Go to the blog and do a search on fax. There are a number of articles about the pitfalls, how to do, which sip providers support, etc. far more than what I can try to cover here.

3. thereverend

thereverend New Member

Another great idea for 3cx to be able to send and recv faxes.. I think as a printer driver would be great and an easy way to do it.
    this software is great. No Doubt about it and with suggestions and additions of new features all the time this software is superior to any other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.