Fax Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjcace, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjcace

Has anyone gotten this to work? Any tips? I have it setup and can see a fax machine connecting to the PBX, but I don't ever get the email. Wondering if it is an email issue or a fax issue. I can get the VM emails.

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Works only with t.38 voip trunk or pri Supporting t.38. I haven't gotten it to work right with non t.38 voip trunk or analog line. Probably works with bri but havent tested.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If you will go to the program data folder (hidden) on the system with 3CX installed, there is a sub-folder under 3CX that will have the fax file if it was received. If there, then you know the system got it and can then look at the email side of things. Of course you could always find a friendly to send a fax and have the inform of it success (or not).

The fax server expects to see t.38, so your SIP provider must support this. Some have it, some don't and then some only provide it only on requested lines while others do it for all. The fax server extensions are the only extensions that will use this protocol. If you have analog, then presumably there is no reason to send to 3CX, but rather go to the fax machine directly.

4. pjcace

Sorry, I was out a bit.

I found the folder that lneblett was referring to, and found a bunch of faxes in there. I haven't yet tested so that I can see what it going on. The problem seems to be in the mailing of the faxes. Is there a log for that or some way too troubleshoot it? I can get the alerts and voicemails, but the faxes don't seem to send. Any logs would be excellent.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.