FAX Service

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by federicom, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. federicom

Is it possible to use fax service without any dedicated hardware/gateway? I am using an IP PBX (http://www.centralinopronto.it) that do not use any gateway and I can receive faxes correctly. Please advise if you'll implement this feature in the future. Thank you.

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

If your ITSP supports T.38 then you can receive incoming faxes directly into 3CX. If they don't then you will need adapters and PSTN lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. federicom

Thank you for your message. How Can I setup a FAX line if my ITSP supports T.38? I have tried to digit internally number 10000 but no fax sound and call is terminated immediately.

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

If you have a DID for a fax you could have that line route all calls to email or if you don't want to use a DID, set it to Based on Fax Detection of Gateway to route them. This is in the line config.

My ITSP doesn't support incoming fax so I can't test this out yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Anyone know of a list of U.S. T.38 providers? My voip provider does not support it either. I found gafachi, but also found threads about problems with their T.38 so If anyone has a successful implementation I'd like to know who they are using.

Thanks!

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Not that I like their service an who knows how much longer they will be around but Vonage is fax capable.

I haven't looked around since I only get 2-3 faxes/month. I should so I can cancel that PSTN line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.