Fax Setup questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by instantexpert, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantexpert

I have the latest 3CX setup and running. We've had it running parallel to our current phone system for a week and we've been pretty stable. Yesterday, I had my boss ask if we could get rid of our current FAX server. I told him I'd look into it.

-I tried installing the 3CX fax driver on my current print server (Win Server 2003 x64) but, even though the program installs, the driver never shows up in the options beside the old analog modem.
    -I then tried installing the print server on my 3CX box (Win Server 2008 X64) with similar results.
    -Determining that both were 64-bit OSes and likely my problem, I installed on my Miscellaneous server box (Win Server 2003 x64) and I was able to get the 3CX fax driver.

Now that I've go that part working, I was unable to actually send a fax. I tried sending through my VOIP provider, not expecting it to work and it didn't. I then tried sending it out my Patton 4114 box and still no fax send.

So, before I go further, I have the following questions:

1. Should the 3CX driver work on 64bit server OS?
    2. Fax over VOIP provider is not supported but technically possible if your provider implements it correctly. Does anyone have any comment on this or am I completely off-base here?
    3. Does the Patton 4114 support fax output. I think the answer to this is yes but I'm looking for confirmation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NWTech

I am going to bump this post as I am seeing the same thing in Server 2008 64 bit. Everything install normal but the 3cx dll does not show up in the Fax server "Providers" after install. Worked great on Server 2008 32bit server. Anyone have any ideas on this? I did look at the dll it creates after the fax server install and it is 3cxvirtfax64.dll on the 64 bit server and 3cxvirtfax32.dll on the 32 bit server. The install on the 64bit server also installs it to the x86 Program Files instead ofthe normal Program Files.

Thank-you

3. instantexpert

The word I received back on this is that 64-bit is not yet supported as fax sending is still in beta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NWTech

Thank-you InstantExpert for the feedback. Hopefully they get working since SBS 2008 and EBS 2008 are all 64 bit.

Thank-you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.