Fax to mail configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kico55, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kico55

Hello!
    I have installed 3CX Phone System and want to configure Fax to mail
    I want that, if a fax comes on my SIP number, 3CX phone system send this fax on my mail in pdf format.
    But i dont want to use software ore fax machine.
    Is this possible from 3CX phone system? If yes, how can i configure it?
    Thank you

2. teldata1

Yes, 3CX can do this. Go to Incoming Rules->Add DID Rule. Choose the DID you want faxes sent to, then under "Destination for calls during office hours" click the drop down box and choose "Send FAX to" and underneath, choose the extension (email) you want the fax emailed to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kico55

Thank you for reply. Extansion should be an normal Extansion with mail inserted to it or an FAX Extansion? Any configuration on Fax server?
    Thank you

4. teldata1

Sorry I made a mistake, you want to send incoming calls to the DID to the fax server (ext 888), you can modify the email address of the fax server in Settings->FAX Server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JasonNadeau likes this.
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Kico55

Please note that you can send the Fax to any extension you want that has a configured email address.
    No additional configuration to the FAX required.
    Just create an inbound rule for the DID that you want to use for FAX and point it to the extension you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.