• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Fax with no attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destonomos

Reaction score
Like my earlier post, I'm def new to 3cx, so be forwarned.

I've got a person that is having problems with 3cx Fax. They are stating when using a fax machine through their 3cx box they have the fax going to a distro group with a few people on it. When a fax is sent to that number they recieve a confirmation email saying that the fax was sent successfully but there is no attachment with the fax on it, just the confirmation page.

I asked the customer to see if they could send the fax to a single user and see if that fixes the issue but I was wanting to know if 3cx has the ability to fax to a distro group?

If not I'm going to just tell them to create an email on their email server to forward to their sales department distro.

I am having the exact same problem.

Our 3CX Rep suggested to not use a distribution group. I tested by adding my extension as the sole recipient to no avail.

When I send a fax to it, it sounds like it connects and hangs up after a few seconds then I get an e-mail saying that I have a fax. :|

I fixed this problem and discovered something.

To fix the fax issue I simply rebooted the server after I noticed that the System Extension for faxing wasn't registering(restarting the service was most likely enough).

When ever ANYONE calls the fax line, 3CX acts like it is a fax and sends out an e-mail saying "You got a fax from *********" with no attachment. The reason for this is that there is nothing to attach because its not a fax, it's a phone call. I wonder if it knows how to differentiate between the two. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.