Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Fax with no attachment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Destonomos, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destonomos

Like my earlier post, I'm def new to 3cx, so be forwarned.

I've got a person that is having problems with 3cx Fax. They are stating when using a fax machine through their 3cx box they have the fax going to a distro group with a few people on it. When a fax is sent to that number they recieve a confirmation email saying that the fax was sent successfully but there is no attachment with the fax on it, just the confirmation page.

I asked the customer to see if they could send the fax to a single user and see if that fixes the issue but I was wanting to know if 3cx has the ability to fax to a distro group?

If not I'm going to just tell them to create an email on their email server to forward to their sales department distro.

2. i2aven420

I am having the exact same problem.

Our 3CX Rep suggested to not use a distribution group. I tested by adding my extension as the sole recipient to no avail.

When I send a fax to it, it sounds like it connects and hangs up after a few seconds then I get an e-mail saying that I have a fax. :|

3. i2aven420

I fixed this problem and discovered something.

To fix the fax issue I simply rebooted the server after I noticed that the System Extension for faxing wasn't registering(restarting the service was most likely enough).

When ever ANYONE calls the fax line, 3CX acts like it is a fax and sends out an e-mail saying "You got a fax from *********" with no attachment. The reason for this is that there is nothing to attach because its not a fax, it's a phone call. I wonder if it knows how to differentiate between the two. Anyone have any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.