Solved Fax with Patton Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntnetzeband

Has anyone implemented Fax through a VoIP Gateway successfully.

We are using the Patton SN4114 for the VoIP Gateway and a HP PageWide Pro 577dw MFP as the printer.

I see the incoming call ring and auto answer but the fax transmission fails.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Additional information would be helpful. ATA involved? Is that the Patton , or it it a trunk gateway? Are you certain that your provider supports fax? Is the 3CX extension a "fax extension"? This is all local to the 3CX server?

3. ntnetzeband

Okay, I've gotten most of it figured out. I can receive faxes but can't send them. The Patton is connected to the printer, no ATA and I'm using a fax extension and my provider supports fax. I am getting a 488 not acceptable here error now when sending. I see some forums on 3CX about it but don't see any resolutions.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. ntnetzeband

It turned out to be an issue with our service provider. Thank you for the quick response though!

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to the see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.