Faxing clarification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pickpro, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpro

I am thinking about implementing 3CX for a client and I'm trying to get some further information on the faxing portion included in commercial versions. Does the fax server in 3CX emulate a modem? Just wondering what is keeping me from deploying Windows Fax services myself with a fax modem to elimanate the need for a commercial license just to support faxing. What else does the commercial faxing addition give me? Just integration with the 3CX managment interface?

Thanks in advance -

Greg

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can ofcourse use a fax modem but you will have to connect it directly to the PSTN line and bypass the VoIP system. With 3Cx it works via the gateway which is of course much nicer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pickpro

So with the comercial product no fax modem is needed? It emulates a modem and handles faxing directly?

4. galal202

galal202 New Member

Yes, it works with out any modem and save the fax as pdf file

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Yes, the VoIP Gateway will receive the fax. Please read the manual which gives a clear overview of how it works...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.