Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Feat-Request - iPhone/Android user interface

Discussion in 'iOS' started by RobKasbow, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobKasbow

Dear 3CX iPhone Development Team:

After using the 3CX for iPhone on the Verizon Wireless CDMA network for the last two weeks, I have a suggestion for improvement to the user interface (I believe that it would apply to both the iphone and Android versions). Note that I am using the iphone behind a 3CX v.9 PBX.

Currently when you place a call, you cannot choose the audio input/output method (earpiece/bluetooth/speaker) in advance of going off-hook and dialing the call. This is very awkward as you must wait until you get a connection and then fumble to change the audio mode....especially when using a bluetooth headset! I recommend that rather than displaying the "available" status on the right side of the display area above the keypad, that instead, you provide the ability to change audio mode in advance of placing the call. In addition, the mode should be persistent and remain in the mode last selected by the user.

On another note, It would be great if you could provide a recommended list of settings for both GSM and CDMA networks. For example, on the Verizon CDMA network, I found that I had to turn-off TCP to make the device work reliably. I am also experiencing an issue where the 3CX times out and I have to exit and re-register to make a call both on the local LAN in Wi-Fi mode and when remote using 3G. I've attempted to fix this by using a VPN (I'm using VPN Express from the Apple App store) and it doesn't appear to work any better. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcome.

Best regards,

Rob Kasbow

2. zhaochou848

I have search the app store over and over
    Is the iPhone app in the AppStore

edited by Vali_3CX - you're warned, no spam allowed.

3. Asmund

Hello sir

Did you get any answer regarding audio input/output, to set the audio mode before the call ?

Best regards
    Åsmund Jacobsen
    20:20 Mobile (NO) AS
    Oslo, Norway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.