Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Feature request: Adding DID's in Bulk

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Rob Caves, Mar 28, 2018.

Feature request: Adding DID's in Bulk 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. Rob Caves

When adding a DID/DDI number within SIP trunks you can only add one number at a time. This can be very time consuming when adding large amounts of numbers.

I recently had to add 150 DID/DDI numbers. Would it be possible to introduce the ability to add or import an entire range of DID/DDI numbers?

Also, the ability to edit multiple inbound rules at the same time would be really useful as customers quite often have multiple DDI's routing to the same destination.

I think adding both of these would really save time programming the system.

All the best

Rob

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When you add/import the inbound rule, it automatically add the DID's. This should be sufficient for your need.
    Also exporting your DID's and reimporting would help with the Multiple Change scenario.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rob Caves

Thanks for your reply Craig.

I've exported inbound rules from one system so I can get the correct CSV format for import.

However, every time i try and import this CSV to another system I get the same error message (PORTS/MASK) column header has caused the failure.

Do i need to format the cells under Ports & mask in a particular way?

Appreciate the help.

Rob

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Same exact version?
    create 1 on the new system, and export it to ensure the format is correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Silly English Kniggit

The port/mask is the internal ID of the SIP trunk. Unless you want to look this up each time, just create the trunk, create one DDI, export the list - edit to add the rest (remove existing) and import it again. Agree GUI could be better at this - but for bulk changes, using CSV is usually easier anyway.