• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Feature Request: Call Forward Management directly from (desk)phone

mmisolution

Reaction score
There is no way to manage the call forward directly from the phone (eg yealink) to a desired ext. or external number (let's say for day off or specific need of the user)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I explain:
A lot of user just equiped with a (desk)phone without access to a computer with softphone for the extension management (and it is not the job of the IT staff)

These users should be able, DIRECTLY from the (desk)phone //yealink phones by the way// to manage themself the way they use the phone by enabling/disabling call forward to a given extension (or a specific number of their own) .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no dial code and the use of the "status" feature is not really simple for "dumb" users

This is clearly a BASIC feature we can found in many system, please HELP !!

Upvote 8
You can restore this functionality in the template.

bw.feature_key_sync=1

Find above,and change it to

bw.feature_key_sync=0

for all IP phones there is just a way to change the Status by dialing the voice recorder and change the status there or by dial code *3 (if not changed to another value).
But yes, it is not possible to change the forward number on the ip phone, too.

Dear mettabot,

I hope you're right !
I'll do the test this week and give you feedback as soon it's done.

Dear mettabot,

I made the test, this is not heaven but this really helps me !!!

Thanks a lot.

Hope 3CX will consider this feature !

please note that changing this value and template customisation might affect the DND syncing between the PBX and the phone (you might be DNDed on the phone but not on the PBX) , and it might also affect your reporting as well if this feature sync is disabled in certain scenarios. If you are okay with knowing this then proceed as you wish

When replacing Polycom phone based systems this is my biggest issue - users lose the ability to set forwarding on/off/no answer and the forwarding number on their desk phone.

A VAD extension could be configured as a BLF on the phone (or simply dial the VAD extension directly). When pressed, the VAD could prompt the user for their desired presence, and optionally ask for the desired forwarding extension (based on the presence selected). If the extension's presence is NOT currently "Available" when the BLF is pressed (or VAD extension dialed), it could remove the forwarding rule, and set the extension back to available.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.