Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Feature Request: Change voicemail announcement for Group Mailbox (Queue, Ring Group)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by MichaelL, Jan 22, 2018.

Feature Request: Change voicemail announcement for Group Mailbox (Queue, Ring Group) 4.9 5 11votes
4.9/5, 11 votes

1. MichaelL

If you create a call queue or ring group, you are able to send callers to a specific group mailbox.
    Recorded messages will be sent by mail to all group members.

Actually, there is no chance to change the announcement for these mailboxes! Callers hear the standard, not personalized system message.

Workaround is call forwarding to dummy extension, problem here ist, that you can specify only one recipient for the mail with recorded messages.

Request: Implement the ability to change the announcement of every group mailbox!

CentrexJ and Michael Groom like this.
  2. Michael Groom

I think this is needed and easily fixable

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    MichaelL likes this.
  3. info@matic-tec.de

4. pitrickzul

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

We took a somewhat different approach to Group Voicemail in our 3CX Voicemail Manager product. In our case, you create a team (dummy) extension that is voicemail enabled, then you list the members of the team. When a voicemail is received in this voicemail box (from a queue, ring group, or dialed directly), the actual voicemail is propagated to the team member's voicemail boxes. The result is that you see your MWI light up, and the voicemail is treated like any other voicemail (forwarded as an attachment to an email for example). Because this team extension is a normal extension, you can record whatever prompt(s) you choose, just like any other voicemail box.

This works for any purpose you choose, not just exclusively for queues or ring groups. For example, if you are a manager of a team, perhaps you have a regularly scheduled Monday team meeting. But as the manager you wake up Monday morning with the flu. You could call the team voicemail and explain that the meeting is cancelled, and it would instantly propagate to all your team members voicemail box and email.

Alternatively, maybe the CEO wants to thank the entire company for a successful 1st quarter. He could send an email, or pull everyone into a huge meeting in a conference room, or setup a massive conference call, but wouldn't it be easier to leave a carefully crafted voicemail in the "company wide" voicemail box. I think the voicemail approach offers a much more personal message than a sterile email, and isn't nearly as disruptive as a meeting or conference call. This way, EVERYONE gets the message, and not just those people available to attend a meeting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Peter Richardson likes this.
  6. MichaelL

upload_2018-3-28_9-49-39.png
    Sounded perfect to me and I tried this:

I´ve created a "Ring group" with some testmembers and added the own mailbox as destination for no answer. But as you cann see in the screenshot, it does not behave like you described it should do.

Can you see my mistake here?

7. MichaelL

Found my mistake......
    You are talking about your 3rd Party solution....:-(

craigreilly likes this.
  8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This is sorely needed.

9. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

Any update on this?

I have a new client who uses the group voicemail for their company as they only have 4 staff. They need to change the voicemail greeting message to be something personal / professional, not just the automated message. What can we do?

10. DHei

@Peter Richardson see first post

MichaelL likes this.
  11. Peter Richardson

Thanks @DHei

1)But how do the people in the ring group access / listen to the voice mails of the dummy extension?

2) And how do they change their greeting without also setting up a dummy extension phone?

3) Do all extensions in the ring group get the voice mail on their phone? Or via email?

4) How do they know they've got a message?

12. pitrickzul

The best feature i need is vmail notification that the vmail was listened to.

We have on call technicians and this would be ideal. After 5 mins, if the vmail isnt listened to, the system sends escalation emails or even calls.

13. MichaelL

You have to create a dummy extension with a personal voicemailbox.

Example:
    Call Queue is ID 2000
    Dummy is ID 2001

In Queue 2000:
    "Waiting time like you want, we have 180sec"
    Destination if no answer -> "Connect to Extension" ->"Dummy Extension 2001 with your extension name"

So the calls will be forwarded to Extension 2001 where you can specify a single or group mail adress.
    Everyone will get a notification about new messages.

14. pitrickzul

but know one will be notified if the vmail is read and/or unread after a certain amount of time.

15. MichaelL

Nope! We handle this with a public mailbox in exchange and whoever reads and answers a message, moves it to a "read" folder.... Workaroud! :(

16. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I encourage you to take a look at our 3CX On Call Manager. It can monitor voicemail boxes and send notifications by phone, email, SMS and escalate up to 30 levels, as well as notify you when the message has been heard.

17. Peter Richardson

Can someone please answer my questions?

18. MichaelL

1)But how do the people in the ring group access / listen to the voice mails of the dummy extension?
    -> They get these messages as mail attachment.

2) And how do they change their greeting without also setting up a dummy extension phone?
    -> You can record the greeting message with a phone and/or manage them in the admin interface

3) Do all extensions in the ring group get the voice mail on their phone? Or via email?
    -> via mail -> you have to create an email list and send the messages to this addres.

4) How do they know they've got a message?
    -> MAIL!!!! :)

19. Peter Richardson

Thanks very much @MichaelL

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by an "email list"? Is this done in 3CX or the email client?

I know it's possible for someone to record a greeting on a phone and save it, then I (the admin) can assign that greeting to another voicemail, but that requires my input. If the client wants to change their voicemail regularly for public holidays and special events, is there a way that they can change the voicemail greeting without having to call me? They do not administer the system at all so any admin changes go through me.

20. kenzoo