Feature Request: Compatibility with XP Pro x64

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darrellchapman, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

We just hit a major stumbling block with the company-wide deployment of the 3CX VoIP Client; it appears as though it is not compatible with 64bit editions of Windows XP. Is compatibility with Windows x64 planned???

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ceemour

i got it to work on windows 2008 x64 by deleteing a launchcondition from the msi using the orca editor

3. darrellchapman

Thanks ceemour.

Did you happen to notice any missing functions or peculiarities when running on x64?

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. darrellchapman

It worked great ceemour. Thanks for the advice.

Darrell Chapman

5. Thona

Can you get me a copy of the patched MSI? I am not really good with this orcas thing, sadly. Too bad the new build also has the condition - and I need to get it up on 2008 64 bit.

6. darrellchapman

Sure thing. I'm not sure on 3CX's policy regarding me distributing this but I'll give it a try. You can download the build 4132 x64 compatible installer at: http: //71.42.240.141/downloads/3CXVoipClient%20v5.0.4132%20beta7%20for%20x64.msi

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Darrell Chapman

7. Thona

DOes not work - tells me the file "disk1.cab" is corrupt. Sadly.

8. darrellchapman

Thona, I don't have Vista installed on any of our machines (can't stand it) so I can't test this installation. However, the MSI files works great on WIndows XP Pro x64. If I get a second I'll compare some of the records from this MSI with a known Vista compatible MSI to see what I can find.

It is Vista that your trying to install on, correct?

Darrell Chapman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.