Features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stevep, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevep

I might be wrong but...

The PBX looks like the start of a strong offering for a Voip System, the bits that are missing are Pickup, Parking and perhaps a more open API for logging users in to an available state and perhaps the ability to control the routing of inbound calls.

Are these bits present in the Enterprise versions as I have only downloaded a trial version? I can not see anything in the documentation to say that they are?

Steve

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Parking, Pickup, login/logout by dial code, call queue - it's all features of licensed versions.
    Moreover, in V6 paid versions you additionaly have built-in conference places.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

To add to that, in V6 licensed edition there is a HTTP post request that you can use to set available/away status.

In future versions we will have a .NET API

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stevep

Fantastic!

Just a few more questions for now...

Can the dial plan be customised so that you can set the options for pickup?
    Are there multiple pick-up groups for department or group or is it a global feature?
    What is the max number of users you have seen / server specification? As it appears from the configuration RTP is point to point and with an E1 gateway I am assuming it would be direct to the gateway so the loading should be pretty minimal on the CPU.

DotNet is what I do, along with 20+years of telephony + cti in the contact centre so I would be very interested in the new API, perhaps even to discuss the content from a developer point of view which features really sell?

I am very keen to see the Vega integration as I have worked with those guys quite a few times and find their equipment and service to be first class.

Steve

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Steve!

Thanks for the feedback! Our .NET API is not ready yet, its too early to be able to give details but in a nutshell, all stuff that can be done from the interface and all things that can be monitored from the interface will be possible from the .NET api. Furthermore, a .NET call control API, similar in functionality to the VOIP client will also be available. In regards to your questions:

Can the dial plan be customised so that you can set the options for pickup?
    Yes you can, it can be done from the ini file. See Configuration section of our wiki at wiki.3cx.com

Are there multiple pick-up groups for department or group or is it a global feature?
    Its a global feature at present

What is the max number of users you have seen / server specification? As it appears from the configuration RTP is point to point and with an E1 gateway I am assuming it would be direct to the gateway so the loading should be pretty minimal on the CPU.

We have seen hundreds of calls on one machine. Yes, with the gateway doing the work its very scaleable. Thats what we try to explain why we think gatewys are better and more scaleable then using add in cards which are tied to the OS and take a lot of processor usage

DotNet is what I do, along with 20+years of telephony + cti in the contact centre so I would be very interested in the new API, perhaps even to discuss the content from a developer point of view which features really sell?

With your experience we would of cousre be very keen to hear you feedback, you can email me at ng at 3cx.com if you prefer

I am very keen to see the Vega integration as I have worked with those guys quite a few times and find their equipment and service to be first class.

Its already available in beta - you can download the beta config templates from wiki.3cx.com

Or if you are familiar with vega you can simple configure the device directly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.