• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Feeling a little dense here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I installed the free version of 3CX Phone System10 in hopes of then installing the Salesforce module so I can call directly from Salesforce. But, I can't even dial out of the System10 app - I get an error saying this feature is disable for the free version. Really, can't dial out? So I tried to install the Salesforce module 3CXCRM10 (the ultimate goal) and then get another error saying "You need to install 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components first..." I thought thats what 3CXPhone System10 was.

Really confused here. Have plowed through what little documentation I could find (no reference to not being able to dial out with free version).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If I recall, you have to have a paid 3cx version to use that... Have you setup a out rule in 3cx?

To use which part? Dialing out? The Salesforce module? Both? Why is there an error on installing the Salesforce app saying I need to install the desktop components? They are definitely installed...

For Salesforce u will need a paid lic for 3cx. If you cant call out at all from 3cx I'm sure u just need a out rule.

Within 3cx myphone web page there is option to install locally and install desktop components.

If I understood the docs correctly, I should be able to dial out with the free version - it makes no sense not to be able to do this absolute minimum functionality. Could someone point the way to configuring correctly so I can dial out? I can't believe I'm missing this basic. Arghhh.

For Salesforce, I believe I only need to pay for the $50.00 Salesforce module and not for the $495.00 full app. I really just want 3CX for Salesforce dialing.

Again, any help pointing me in the right direction to get the dialing going is very appreciated.

Within myphone web in the config tab there is a button to install desktop components.
Can you successfully make a call in 3cx, taking sales force out of the picture?

Looking at the 3cx PDF brochure it does not support sales force in free edition.

That's just for having the app. If you download the Brochure (PDF) you will see it's not included in it.

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

If I understood the docs correctly, I should be able to dial out with the free version - it makes no sense not to be able to do this absolute minimum functionality. Could someone point the way to configuring correctly so I can dial out? I can't believe I'm missing this basic. Arghhh.

For Salesforce, I believe I only need to pay for the $50.00 Salesforce module and not for the $495.00 full app. I really just want 3CX for Salesforce dialing.

Again, any help pointing me in the right direction to get the dialing going is very appreciated.

Should you not be able to make use of it by applying the Demo code? That allows use of all features.

Could you enlighten me as to where I can get a demo code?

When you downloaded 3CX, and filled in your email address (the way you should have). You would have been sent a welcome email along with the demo code.

Ok thanks. I just ended up at a download link through Google searching for something that works with Salesforce. I'll go about it properly now. But before I do I need to ask, is the demo code (presumably) for a short window of time? Will I ultimately need to buy a $500 pkg to use click-to-dial in Salesforce. The way I read it, I can use the free version and pay $50 for the Salesforce module and then I'm on my way. The commercial pkg is waaayyyyy over my head in terms of need.

Ok thanks. I just ended up at a download link through Google searching for something that works with Salesforce. I'll go about it properly now. But before I do I need to ask, is the demo code (presumably) for a short window of time? Will I ultimately need to buy a $500 pkg to use click-to-dial in Salesforce. The way I read it, I can use the free version and pay $50 for the Salesforce module and then I'm on my way. The commercial pkg is waaayyyyy over my head in terms of need.

As far as I'm aware, unless you move on to a newer version, the Demo code will continue to work. Keep in mind that it is only intended to allow you to test all features, not be used in a commercial environment as it is restricted to two concurrent calls.

You would have to direct your question, regarding the continued use of the Salesforce module, with the Demo code, to 3CX representatives.

My question was where i can obtain a demo code?

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.