Feeling a little dense here...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gpgrant@mail.com, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpgrant@mail.com

I installed the free version of 3CX Phone System10 in hopes of then installing the Salesforce module so I can call directly from Salesforce. But, I can't even dial out of the System10 app - I get an error saying this feature is disable for the free version. Really, can't dial out? So I tried to install the Salesforce module 3CXCRM10 (the ultimate goal) and then get another error saying "You need to install 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components first..." I thought thats what 3CXPhone System10 was.

Really confused here. Have plowed through what little documentation I could find (no reference to not being able to dial out with free version).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

If I recall, you have to have a paid 3cx version to use that... Have you setup a out rule in 3cx?

3. gpgrant@mail.com

To use which part? Dialing out? The Salesforce module? Both? Why is there an error on installing the Salesforce app saying I need to install the desktop components? They are definitely installed...

4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

For Salesforce u will need a paid lic for 3cx. If you cant call out at all from 3cx I'm sure u just need a out rule.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Within 3cx myphone web page there is option to install locally and install desktop components.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gpgrant@mail.com

If I understood the docs correctly, I should be able to dial out with the free version - it makes no sense not to be able to do this absolute minimum functionality. Could someone point the way to configuring correctly so I can dial out? I can't believe I'm missing this basic. Arghhh.

For Salesforce, I believe I only need to pay for the $50.00 Salesforce module and not for the $495.00 full app. I really just want 3CX for Salesforce dialing.

Again, any help pointing me in the right direction to get the dialing going is very appreciated.

7. craigreilly

Within myphone web in the config tab there is a button to install desktop components.
    Can you successfully make a call in 3cx, taking sales force out of the picture?

Looking at the 3cx PDF brochure it does not support sales force in free edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

That's just for having the app. If you download the Brochure (PDF) you will see it's not included in it.

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Should you not be able to make use of it by applying the Demo code? That allows use of all features.

10. gpgrant@mail.com

Could you enlighten me as to where I can get a demo code?

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you downloaded 3CX, and filled in your email address (the way you should have). You would have been sent a welcome email along with the demo code.

12. gpgrant@mail.com

Ok thanks. I just ended up at a download link through Google searching for something that works with Salesforce. I'll go about it properly now. But before I do I need to ask, is the demo code (presumably) for a short window of time? Will I ultimately need to buy a $500 pkg to use click-to-dial in Salesforce. The way I read it, I can use the free version and pay $50 for the Salesforce module and then I'm on my way. The commercial pkg is waaayyyyy over my head in terms of need.

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, unless you move on to a newer version, the Demo code will continue to work. Keep in mind that it is only intended to allow you to test all features, not be used in a commercial environment as it is restricted to two concurrent calls.

You would have to direct your question, regarding the continued use of the Salesforce module, with the Demo code, to 3CX representatives.

14. gpgrant@mail.com

My question was where i can obtain a demo code?

15. craigreilly

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.